Coordinate preparation and support approval processes of AER, EIA as well as non-EIA applications.
- Coordinate and oversee collection of data and creation of documentation confirming project compliance with environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the interface between projects and AER (Alberta Energy Regulator) or other regulatory agencies.
- Verify, in conjunction with engineers, Vendors/Subcontractors documentation/ certifications full compliance with all environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance and support the project personnel in identifying the regulatory requirements and represent the company during the AER Inspections
- Prepare and submit regulatory permit and license applications as required.
- Provide regulatory and environmental guidance and support to all personnel.
- Utilize information received from project personnel to complete applications per the regulatory agency requirements.
- Liaise with technical specialists, research and report regulatory compliance issues.
- Advise best regulatory practices and demonstrate strong confidence in speaking with internal and external clients.
- Maintain date of licensing information for all company activities.
- Oversee preparation of AER environmental assessments, industrial approval applications, and engineering assessments.
- Provide input to project reporting (scheduling, cost control, progress reports, etc.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a similar role
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience working with SAGD/CSS for heavy oil facilities
- Computer literate with advanced skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel);
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Able to identify problems, understand complex work processes, technical standard, procedures, contracts;
- Experience in the oil & gas industry;
Indeed - 12 months ago