This position is responsible for managing, planning and executing engineering functions of Orion Project Inc. In this EPCM environment his tasks will include leading and supervising a team of engineers including staff planning, assigning personnel to projects, as well as mentor reporting to him/her stuff.
1. Overall leadership responsibility. Supervise and lead engineers and technicians in all departments including.
2. Oversee the progress and dynamics of executed projects. Ensure that engineering and other project activities are fully synchronized between all departments and operating at maximum efficiency.
3. Perform personnel structuring and planning in support of the current and future Orion projects.
4. Identifying operational inefficiencies and take actions to correct them.
5. Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the engineering and design departments.
6. Ensure high quality of Orion Project Inc. engineering and design work. Create, manage and execute quality assurance procedures of Orion Projects Inc. engineering.
7. Prepare budgets, bids, and take part in negotiating contracts with clients.
8. Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
9. Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
10. Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
11. Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
12. Analyze technologies, resource needs, and market demand to plan and assess the Oil and Gas project dynamics.
1. Minimum 10 years’ of relative experience.
2. Registered with APEGA as a Professional Engineer.
3. Bachelor or graduate degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university.
4. Strong communication; verbal and written
5. Attention to detail in a fast passed environment.
1. Competitive salaries,
2. Company provided health care after probation period (3 months),
3. Stimulating and friendly work environment,
4. Office in Calgary downtown location,