It is the Cost Estimator’s responsibility to work closely with project managers, project teams, clients, and vendors, in order to prepare estimates for the purpose of selecting vendors and subcontractors an estimate of the overall cost of the project as well as an estimate for the overall cost of the project.
1. Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
2. Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
3. This position facilitates in the timely delivery of projects.
4. Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
5. Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
6. Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
7. Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
8. Review material and labor requirements, to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
9. Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project
10. Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in planning and scheduling in an engineering environment
2. Bachelor or graduate degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university.
3. Strong communication; verbal and written
4. Attention to detail while focusing on the project as a whole
5. Proficient user of Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 software
AACE certificate acknowledged