A Contract Engineer is responsible for conducting reviews and considering legal aspects of contract award & administration. They are also responsible for preparing and drafting commercial bids and tenders, estimating the costs of a project and ensuring that the costs are controlled.
1. Ensures all technical activities are in line with the terms agreed upon in the contract and that they meet the business requirements.
2. Provide appropriate terms and conditions for specific activities as project specifications are developed.
3. Responsible for reviewing the final construction documents to determine whether these are ready for advertising for the purpose of soliciting bids.
4. Review bids, conduct negotiations and administer the award of contracts and contract amendments and provision of feedback to bidders.
5. Drafts appropriate contractual and commercial terms & conditions to best serve and protect the company’s interests.
6. Reviews and amends standard contract documentation as required.
7. Builds and maintains relationships with suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost effective commercial agreements for the company.
8. Provides general assistance and advice on contractual & procurement matters as required to support the company’s operations.
9. Monitors the performance of service providers on a regular basis.
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Minimum four year engineering or related technical degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience of related experience
3. Preferably registered as a professional Engineer or eligible for registration with APEGA
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Strong analytic thinking and problem solving skills.
The Orion Project has spent over two and a half years dedicated to the search for new energy technologies that will help us move past the...