Original joes Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun, energetic and young
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 21, 2015
Original Joes is such a fun place to work. There is always great music and great people that create a wonderful environment to work in. It is very busy and has a very high volume of repeat guests. My managers are "the coolest" and maintain a fun yet professional work place. My co workers are exciting and bright and make the restaurant shine. The hardest part of my job is telling people we have a 45 minute wait! We are always busy but it is hard to turn guests away when we do not have the space. The best part of my job is of course the food, every dish is fantastic but I mostly appreciate the environment.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Late Hours
It was a fun enviroment to work at and I got to teach using my skills.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2015
The management team where ok but not a lot of communication so a lot of the time I was going in blind and had know idea what the day was going to bring.
I did like the people that I worked with they where very hard workers and dedicated to there job.
Pros
Benefits, free lunchs
Cons
working 6 to 7 days a week, having to do split shifts.
A job which was able to work with my school schedule and my work schedule very well.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJanuary 4, 2015
Great place to work, A job in which I took in high school while I was finishing up my grade 11 and 12 year. Learned quite a a lot about teamwork and what it means to be apart of a team. Management was fantastic not only because the general manager was a family friend but because all of the other managers were fair and fun to work with. Two of the co-workers were people I went to school with so the different employees were awesome to work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be the stress factor which came into place. My first few days on the job but as time went on it was just something you became use to and learned how to deal with it. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the fact I got to work with two of me very close friends.
Pros
free food
Cons
short staffed at times so worked long hours
Close knit, fun work environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 5, 2013
On a typical day at Original Joes I would get into work and start serving right away! This was my first serving job so I learnt something new everyday. I have never had a more involved, busy and challenging job than serving. You are constantly on your feet from 8-12 hours, usually without a break so it is a physical job. You are always memorizing large orders and using all of your communication skills while providing a fun and unique experience for each and every guest. Working with your co-workers and management as a team is crucial and the industry is a very team oriented business. The hardest part of the job was probably the long late night hours and sometimes difficult customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to have an effect on a persons night out and being able to socialize and be challenged on a regular basis.
Pros
socializing
Cons
long hours without breaks
not awsome
Line cook, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCAugust 18, 2015
poor training program, inconsistant thought the franchise, low pay, poor conpinsation, poor benafits for managment, no wilingness to learn from experianced employees, menu is all items stolen from moxies and made with lower quality product
Pros
flexable hours, simple work
Cons
boring menu, unplesant enviroment, poor compinsation
working fun place people are friendly
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 31, 2015
minimum per hour is low. and i didnt get any full time hrs even though my contract is written that i am suppose to work as a full time line cook. but they good to be friendly with them but not like totally as working professional.
Pros
free food
Cons
shorts hours
Diverse and fast paced work environment
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 25, 2014
-The staff is very friendly and welcoming
-The work keeps you on your toes, there is never a dull moment, it helped me learn to better manage my time to get everything finished in a timely manner
-The management team is very passionate about the company and tries hard to make all members of staff feel valued
-At times it seems like a large portion of the staff treats the job as a a hang out session with friends instead of a work place which can make doing your job professionally harder at times
-At the end of the day the staff feels like a close nit family with makes going to work everyday that much more enjoyable
Alright place to work
Hostess & expo (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurrayMay 27, 2015
if your not a server you don't get treated well. Manager treated people she didn't like very poorly. Lots of gossip. Enjoyed being able to taste new menu items.
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
-Fast paced
-Trained new employees
-Great team
-Management treated staff very well
benefits
Cons
short hours
Original Joes
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABNovember 4, 2012
Original Joes has great training methods for new employees, they are positive reinforcements to their employees and understanding and accomidating with person lives and other appointments. management was new but pleasing to work for under most circumstances.
Wonderful bar, wonderful people. Enjoyable relaxed atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2013
I learned how to be a strong server, met amazing people and highly enjoyed going into work everyday.
RELAXED, FRIENDLY WORKPLACE
Server (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABJune 6, 2013
The hours and schedules were very flexaible which i loved, but way to over staffed. Overall the atmosphere was friendly
Pros
meeting lots of new people
Cons
little hours