Original Joe's Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
busy and unorganized
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABJuly 4, 2016
this job was messy and unorganized. everyone was uncoordinated and the managers were terrible. the hours were short for me and i liked that but other than that, this was my least favourite job.
Good natured company, very rewarding and fun
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SKApril 3, 2016
the people, my position and my co-managers are so fantastic and exceptional,working at night shift everyday is self-fullfilling for me to be able to catch the busiest hour and i loved it,
Productive and fun workplace with friendly co-workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 31, 2016
I used to work full time as a dishwasher at Original Joe's until January of 2016 when I had to go back to school full time, thus cutting down on my hours. I've learned a lot about dishwashing, the restaurant culture and a little bit of food preparation. Most of my co-workers are excellent (only because I interacted more with the Front of House personnel than the Back of House personnel despite being a member of the BoH). My hardest part of the job is keeping up with too many dishes flooding into my dish pit, even when it isn't really busy. I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job is going down to grab some stuff in the storage.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many dishes, lack of concern for dishwashers' problems
Great Place to Work Great Friendly Staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 20, 2016
I have worked at two origanal joes locations and both had great staff, great food and great benefits , The management is always good and kind.
very good working envirnment
kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 31, 2016
i enjoyed working at original joe's restaurant.i was art of the management and we had very good management and the team members.i learned lots of cooking techniques while working in the culinary department and i enjoy my work.
Great staff to work with
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKDecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed working with the ladies on my day shifts. They were kind and always willing to give a hand where you needed one. I've never worked in an environment that was so team orientated.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work. Friends all ove the place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABDecember 29, 2015
I worked with a group of positive hard working women who became really close friends. Depending on what shift I was working I'd either start the day with opening duties or just jump right in and start serving tables. The shift always ended with closing duties and cashout. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Lots of friends to be made there
Cons
We had to pay for the meals we made mistakes on.
Fast moving and full of energy.
Line Chief (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, ABOctober 30, 2015
Oj's was one of the cleanest kitchens that I have worked in, but that was because the kitchen staff ran the kitchen. there was no set person in charge and it was left to who knew what they where doing the best. We had to move fast to keep the orders flowing and make sure we had enough time to clean at the end of the night. how ever the negative thing was that we got yelled at by management for not having and product when it was mornings job to do the prep for the day.
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2015
Great team, good hours , fun work environment. The staff is friendly, the management team is excellent and easy going. The guests are great to interact with.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no breaks
hgihi
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABJuly 22, 2015
The tips were good the people I worked with were good I enjoyed there company when I first started there everyone help everyone it was always a team effort but after about a year the team effort started to fade and the restaurant just because almost unbearable to be at. the boss didn't seem to care anymore and neither did the staff that was left it went from a great place to work where everyone was involved and cared about the place to everyone just being miserable there.
Pros
tips were good
Cons
no life
Best job ever!
Server (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABMarch 11, 2015
I loved my co-workers and my management! Every day I looked forward to coming to work and greeting my tables with a smile. The food was great which made it a joy to serve.
it's a really quick environment fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 17, 2015
it's an environment that is quick and and long but fun, i learned that it take time to do work in a kitchen and not always fun and games, management was really good and helpful, co-workers where great and helpful, hardest part was trying to keep up but i did and it was the most fun job i had.
Pros
free lunches and the walk home after work was fun to
its a good job
Line/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  medicine hat albertaOctober 5, 2014
its a good job. good people, good bosses and you learn alot. ive had a couple co-workers in the prep hall but i have been there for awhile. in my opinion im the best prep cook there. i have learned how to multi task, be efficient, work problems out on my own, follow franchise specifications
work at oj
line cook (Former Employee) –  Hollick Kenyon, EdmontonAugust 2, 2014
its a nice place to work
.work environment is great, could learn a lot from the day begin to the end.
good work place
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCDecember 31, 2013
I was in charge of the restaurant operation, I delt with food cost labour, cleanliness, scheduling, receiving inventory, organization, training new staff, interviewing, and daily operation of the kitchen
Pros
free meals
Great people, horrible management
Dishwasher / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 13, 2013
A typical day of work their would consist of me finishing up the work of others then start doing the work of my job duties. Wut I learned is never work in a bar/restaurant. Most of the co-workers where nice except for some. The hardest part of the job was coming in everyday and finishing lazy people jobs, then try get everything ready for my shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours, lazy managers and management
fun
Server assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCOctober 18, 2013
friendly co-workers, nice atmosphere. busiest days are thurday to sunday, depends what sports are on or special events. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with customers to see how they experienced the food and atmosphere.
Pros
4 dolar meals
Cons
poor hours
good
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 15, 2013
The company is good , Even good working environment . Over all I can is a good place to Work.
Pros
one meal is free
good people lots of fun
line cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 22, 2013
a day on the line depended on what day it was and what side your working. in the long run though it was a fun, great expeirence and i also picked a few good cooking tricks up so nothing was wasted. as for the co-workers man are they fun people to work for and with. the hardest pasrt abouut the job was the kaos that would roll over the crew and then one person would crash then the team would double time it to help out the fellow worker. best part about working there was the friendships i found working at this place.
Pros
great people, nice boss's, and great enviroment.
Cons
demanding(but what job isn't).
I kept busy making sure the customers were happy.
Customer Service, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKOctober 3, 2012
I didn't work there for long but I was able to try different skills like clearing tables, serving food, working the cash register and making sure the customers were taken care of.
Pros
friendly environment