Original Joe's Employee Reviews

waitress st albert original joes
Sever-hostess-bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2017
the boss/ ownner is a horrible drunk that is inappropriate and extremely sexist.He abuses his authority and mistreats the immigrant workers and forces them to work over time without paying them in full. The kitchen also misses out on thier tip outs because he uses the money for other things. he gets young women"employees" drunk at the bar and speaks in a permisquis and inappropriate manner.
Awsome people and staff :)
closing server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2017
I have served for over 8 years and have truly enjoyed every minute of it . I always enjoyed myself and meeting so many new people. I cherish a lot of great memories.
Pros
meeting great people along the way
Cons
sometimes feet hurt but those are usually the best nights lol
Generally fun atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 September 2017
Fun atmosphere but often was hit on. I received inconsistent - and dwindling - hours, for no apparent reason. I never received a reason from management.
Cons
Inconsistent and unreliable hours
Looks like fun
Prep Cook/superviser (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 July 2017
I would love to work for you and your company I feel it would be a grate experience for me thank you for taking my application I can't wate to work for you
Pros
Hard work
Cons
N/a
The management was great here.
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 June 2017
Get to work, review your section and start taking tables. Take care of the guests make sure they have what they need and up sell food items. Ensure your guests have a memorable time at Original Joe's. Do your nightly cleaning tasks.
Pros
Loved the staff and the food.
Cons
Sometimes short hours.
Busy restaurant. Must be a team player.
Cook manager (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB9 May 2017
God people to work for. If I moved back to cold Lake I would apply back at original Joes. This company 8s good to work for. This company has consistency e
Ith the menu and recipes.
Pros
Free lunches
best part was the food
Dishwasher and Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 April 2017
Often came to work in eveving and not many dishes had been done in the day. had to stay very late to get work done and not very many people helped out.
Excellent company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
Down to earth and Down the Street! A very well rounded company. Very brand orientated with the heart of it being in customer service. Lots of room for advancement.
Productive positive environment
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB14 February 2017
Typical day at work prepare food, clean work space, organize freezers and coolers, and wash all the dishes. I learned how to work I well in a fast-pace environment and multi-task. Management was easygoing and friendly. Hardest part of your job was the dinner rush got very busy. Most enjoyable part of the job Getting to eat good food.
Pros
learning how to cook/prepare food
Cons
not enough hours
Great workplace with Great people, Management issues
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB8 February 2017
Working at Original Joe's was great for me in so many ways, it revealed to me that unknowingly I am great in the fast paced environment of a kitchen and am a good team member. Most days involved cleaning, cooking, and preparation. Management was very nice although there were obvious personal issues going on within. The hardest part of my job was busy eventful nights. The most enjoyable part was coming to work in a good friendly environment. The reason for my leaving was due to a car accident, and family issues that was hard to talk to about management with how they handled things.
Pros
Free meals, Nice people, Organized workplace
Cons
Taking out the trash
A great restaurant to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 February 2017
My time at Original Joes was busy, fun, and rewarding. One of my first serving jobs. I learned a lot from my supervisors and coworkers. the staff was friendly and helpful.
efficient cleaner and helper
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
fast paced environment, and many available hours if desired. hourly rate is available to increase if you are hard/working and improving in your job qualities.
Pros
long hours and free lunches
Cons
hourly rate
the oj's life
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 October 2016
Original joes....
Probably one of the best places ive ever worked, greap group of people. We got the communication down fast, and efficiently. really kind managers, very understanding and willing to work with you and make sure your opinion is heard. even when its chaos the quality of the food is still on point, they understand that we're only human and we're gunna make mistakes. great place to start off your learning of the restaurant lifestyle.
Pros
friendly staff, decent pay, good amount of hours if you work hard enough
Cons
not to many cons... if any
Great head office, great opportunity for growth
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC19 October 2016
In the 5 years with this company I was able to watch this franchise grow tremendously. Top notch ideals, treats all staff and guests with a family mentality.
busy and unorganized
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB4 July 2016
this job was messy and unorganized. everyone was uncoordinated and the managers were terrible. the hours were short for me and i liked that but other than that, this was my least favourite job.
Nice people on head office
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB16 May 2016
Nice place to work, with a lot of chance to grow personal and in labour maters, learn how to manage, meet new people.
Closer to home, they take care of the community and people.
A lot of charity and fund raisers to help people or animals in need.
Good natured company, very rewarding and fun
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK3 April 2016
the people, my position and my co-managers are so fantastic and exceptional,working at night shift everyday is self-fullfilling for me to be able to catch the busiest hour and i loved it,
Productive and fun workplace with friendly co-workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 March 2016
I used to work full time as a dishwasher at Original Joe's until January of 2016 when I had to go back to school full time, thus cutting down on my hours. I've learned a lot about dishwashing, the restaurant culture and a little bit of food preparation. Most of my co-workers are excellent (only because I interacted more with the Front of House personnel than the Back of House personnel despite being a member of the BoH). My hardest part of the job is keeping up with too many dishes flooding into my dish pit, even when it isn't really busy. I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job is going down to grab some stuff in the storage.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many dishes, lack of concern for dishwashers' problems
Great Place to Work Great Friendly Staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 March 2016
I have worked at two origanal joes locations and both had great staff, great food and great benefits , The management is always good and kind.
very good working envirnment
kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2016
i enjoyed working at original joe's restaurant.i was art of the management and we had very good management and the team members.i learned lots of cooking techniques while working in the culinary department and i enjoy my work.