Original Joe's Employee Reviews

best part was the food
Dishwasher and Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 April 2017
Often came to work in eveving and not many dishes had been done in the day. had to stay very late to get work done and not very many people helped out.
Excellent company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
Down to earth and Down the Street! A very well rounded company. Very brand orientated with the heart of it being in customer service. Lots of room for advancement.
Great workplace with Great people, Management issues
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB8 February 2017
Working at Original Joe's was great for me in so many ways, it revealed to me that unknowingly I am great in the fast paced environment of a kitchen and am a good team member. Most days involved cleaning, cooking, and preparation. Management was very nice although there were obvious personal issues going on within. The hardest part of my job was busy eventful nights. The most enjoyable part was coming to work in a good friendly environment. The reason for my leaving was due to a car accident, and family issues that was hard to talk to about management with how they handled things.
Pros
Free meals, Nice people, Organized workplace
Cons
Taking out the trash
A great restaurant to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB1 February 2017
My time at Original Joes was busy, fun, and rewarding. One of my first serving jobs. I learned a lot from my supervisors and coworkers. the staff was friendly and helpful.
efficient cleaner and helper
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2016
fast paced environment, and many available hours if desired. hourly rate is available to increase if you are hard/working and improving in your job qualities.
Pros
long hours and free lunches
Cons
hourly rate
the oj's life
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 October 2016
Original joes....
Probably one of the best places ive ever worked, greap group of people. We got the communication down fast, and efficiently. really kind managers, very understanding and willing to work with you and make sure your opinion is heard. even when its chaos the quality of the food is still on point, they understand that we're only human and we're gunna make mistakes. great place to start off your learning of the restaurant lifestyle.
Pros
friendly staff, decent pay, good amount of hours if you work hard enough
Cons
not to many cons... if any
Great head office, great opportunity for growth
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC19 October 2016
In the 5 years with this company I was able to watch this franchise grow tremendously. Top notch ideals, treats all staff and guests with a family mentality.
busy and unorganized
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB4 July 2016
this job was messy and unorganized. everyone was uncoordinated and the managers were terrible. the hours were short for me and i liked that but other than that, this was my least favourite job.
Nice people on head office
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB16 May 2016
Nice place to work, with a lot of chance to grow personal and in labour maters, learn how to manage, meet new people.
Closer to home, they take care of the community and people.
A lot of charity and fund raisers to help people or animals in need.
Good natured company, very rewarding and fun
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK3 April 2016
the people, my position and my co-managers are so fantastic and exceptional,working at night shift everyday is self-fullfilling for me to be able to catch the busiest hour and i loved it,
Productive and fun workplace with friendly co-workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 March 2016
I used to work full time as a dishwasher at Original Joe's until January of 2016 when I had to go back to school full time, thus cutting down on my hours. I've learned a lot about dishwashing, the restaurant culture and a little bit of food preparation. Most of my co-workers are excellent (only because I interacted more with the Front of House personnel than the Back of House personnel despite being a member of the BoH). My hardest part of the job is keeping up with too many dishes flooding into my dish pit, even when it isn't really busy. I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job is going down to grab some stuff in the storage.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many dishes, lack of concern for dishwashers' problems
Great Place to Work Great Friendly Staff
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 March 2016
I have worked at two origanal joes locations and both had great staff, great food and great benefits , The management is always good and kind.
very good working envirnment
kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2016
i enjoyed working at original joe's restaurant.i was art of the management and we had very good management and the team members.i learned lots of cooking techniques while working in the culinary department and i enjoy my work.
Great staff to work with
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK31 December 2015
I enjoyed working with the ladies on my day shifts. They were kind and always willing to give a hand where you needed one. I've never worked in an environment that was so team orientated.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work. Friends all ove the place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB29 December 2015
I worked with a group of positive hard working women who became really close friends. Depending on what shift I was working I'd either start the day with opening duties or just jump right in and start serving tables. The shift always ended with closing duties and cashout. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Lots of friends to be made there
Cons
We had to pay for the meals we made mistakes on.
Fast moving and full of energy.
Line Chief (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB30 October 2015
Oj's was one of the cleanest kitchens that I have worked in, but that was because the kitchen staff ran the kitchen. there was no set person in charge and it was left to who knew what they where doing the best. We had to move fast to keep the orders flowing and make sure we had enough time to clean at the end of the night. how ever the negative thing was that we got yelled at by management for not having and product when it was mornings job to do the prep for the day.
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2015
Great team, good hours , fun work environment. The staff is friendly, the management team is excellent and easy going. The guests are great to interact with.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no breaks
hgihi
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB22 July 2015
The tips were good the people I worked with were good I enjoyed there company when I first started there everyone help everyone it was always a team effort but after about a year the team effort started to fade and the restaurant just because almost unbearable to be at. the boss didn't seem to care anymore and neither did the staff that was left it went from a great place to work where everyone was involved and cared about the place to everyone just being miserable there.
Pros
tips were good
Cons
no life
Best job ever!
Server (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB11 March 2015
I loved my co-workers and my management! Every day I looked forward to coming to work and greeting my tables with a smile. The food was great which made it a joy to serve.
it's a really quick environment fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 February 2015
it's an environment that is quick and and long but fun, i learned that it take time to do work in a kitchen and not always fun and games, management was really good and helpful, co-workers where great and helpful, hardest part was trying to keep up but i did and it was the most fun job i had.
Pros
free lunches and the walk home after work was fun to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Original Joe's. Our community is ready to answer.