Job Description: Art Director
Origin’s Art Directors (AD) act as its Studio’s senior creative leaders, working with the Creative Director, Copywriter, Content Developers and the design, technical and production team in the development of all digital and traditional creative projects. The ideal candidate will be a "hands-on" designer with a strong interactive/digital background. S/he will possess superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge, exceptional design skills with a flexible aesthetic, and an understanding of design across multiple channels, especially within new media. He or she must be a valuable contributor of ideas to the creative brainstorming sessions. In addition to his or her creative contributions, the art director will enjoy guiding and mentoring Origin's team of designers and production artists.
- Manages the Studio’s day-to-day creative operations.
- Helps establish and maintain the highest possible standards of design and production for both digital and traditional channels.
- The AD must be able to develop information architecture and wireframes based on project requirements and must apply web and interactive design and development best practices and industry standards with a focus on user experience and quality assurance. He or she liaises with Origin’s programmers to ensure the integrity of the interactive design execution.
- Works closely with Account Services to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed marketing materials that focuses both on the clients’ needs and creative integrity.
- Examines and approves finished art and conceptual material, and supervises the alteration or correction of such material by internal and freelance artists.
- Ensures the efficient visual execution of creative concepts according to a prime account responsibility list or by Studio Manager/Creative Director assignment.
- Designs advertising and marketing materials according to strategic plans provided by CD, and by assignment from the CD. Design may range from concept development only to full design roll-outs dependent upon available studio resources.
- Provides direction and guidance to department subordinates reporting directly to the AD, and conducts annual reviews of the performance of those individuals.
- Informs and advises the CD on the status of departmental affairs that are under the direct supervision of the AD, including all design-related computer hardware/software needs (upgrades, equipment needs/problems, training, etc.).
- Assists Studio Manager in maintaining a current list of available freelance artists, photographers and other contributory talent.
- Recommends and directs said freelance contributors.
- Recommends and directs photographers and talent at photo sessions.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line, including your folio and/or resume and salary expectations.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 13 months ago
ORIGIN DESIGN + COMMUNICATIONS LTD. is a strategic marketing and creative services agency specializing in mountain culture, resort, tourism...