The organic agriculture promotion and education coordinator will be providing promotion and education to those within the organic sector, as well as to consumers. Activities will range from event and educational activity coordination to design and implementation of promotional campaigns. The intern will work closely with Organic Alberta’s Executive Director, as well as with committees made up of apprentices, farmers and business representatives from across the organic sector.
-Coordination of field tours for farmers.
-Coordination of the regional farming workshops for Alberta Sustainable Agriculture Apprenticeship program.
-Coordination of farm tours for consumers.
- Design and coordination of promotional activities for Organic Week
- Developing background tools, including updating a database of organic businesses for the launch of the prairie wide organic business directory
- Other related activities as needed
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident, under the age of 30
- Be a full-time student returning to school in September
- Interest in local food and organic agriculture
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with non-profit, grass-roots organizations
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Motivated to make a change in the Canadian agriculture scene
Position details: $13/hour, 35 hours a week for 15 weeks. Position to begin early to mid-May. Application Deadline: 5:00 PM Friday April 19, 2013. To apply please email your resume and cover letter. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.