Orenda Energy Solutions is a young, well-funded, entrepreneurial company active in the exciting and fast growing renewable energy market. We offer new employees a ground floor opportunity to make an immediate contribution in a small but growing company.
Orenda’s wind turbine systems are based on a simple and safe mechanical design. Each wind turbine incorporates a direct drive generator, fixed pitch blades, and an innovative braking system. This solid foundation is combined with a real-time computerized controller, delivering optimal performance with unsurpassed safety
Orenda Energy Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering team working in our office located in Iroquois, Ontario. While the requirements listed below are comprehensive and there is an expectation of some work experience, we would consider a recent graduate from a recognized university with experience in wind and/or telecom structures.
- Delivering mechanical solutions for wind turbine systems according to project functional targets, product attributes and cost targets.
- Co-operate on wind turbine mechanical system design (tower structures / hydraulics)
- Participate in the introduction of new products into Manufacturing.
- Works independently and as part of an engineering team to deliver to predefined accountabilities.
- Works under the direction of Senior Engineering team members.
- Mechanical Engineering graduate with experience in the wind or telecom structures environment.
- Proven SolidWorks experience with a good understanding of GD & T.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience producing detailed mechanical drawings with variety of manufacturing processes and materials (i.e. sheet metal).
- Stress analysis (static & dynamic) and fatigue analysis experience.
- Experience of working with remote manufacturing partners would be considered an asset, preferably through new product introduction.
- IEC61400 experience highly desirable.
- Office Based (Iroquois, Ontario)
- Some international travel is expected.
- Flexible hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) may be required to accommodate geographical regions/time zones.