Orenda Energy Solutions Inc. located in Iroquois Ontario is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work with our Engineering team on a contract basis.
This position would be an attractive opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in the wind industry or with rotating machinery design. The successful candidate would have immediate impact to the creative process and next generation design.
- Delivering mechanical solutions for wind turbine systems according to project functional targets, product attributes and cost targets.
- Manages external work-packages to successful conclusion (design partners and consultants).
- Plan and Manage prototype and test programs to enhance current design and develop new product.
- Participate in the introduction of new products into Manufacturing.
- Works independently and as part of an engineering team to deliver to predefined accountabilities.
- Works under general direction with respect to Orenda’s strategic objectives.
- Mechanical Engineering graduate with 5+ years’ experience in wind industry or rotating machinery design.
- Proven Solid-works experience.
- Stress analysis (static & dynamic) and fatigue analysis experience
- Leads/manages projects and has the ability to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of production methods and materials.
- Experience of working with remote manufacturing partners would be considered an asset, preferably through new product introduction.
- IEC61400 experience highly desirable