We offer compelling and rewarding career opportunities for highly talented, motivated Sr. Microsoft Platform Developers who can work closely with our product and project teams to develop our custom software solutions for a variety of unique business applications. If you have great interpersonal skills, superior command of the English language, demonstrated experience using Visual Studio.NET, the .NET Framework in addition to your ability to learn new products and environments quickly, you might be just the person(s) were looking for.
NOTE: Applicants with all this plus Microsoft SQL Server expertise will be given higher priority.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architecting and designing application modules, complete integrated application suites, data base schemas
- Developing and unit testing custom web-based software using Visual Studio 2012
- Create and document low-level application designs from a database perspective, with consideration given to application security, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Maintain development, QA, and UAT environments
- Maintain code in a version control system supporting multiple branches / deployment paths
- Lead Jr. & Int. Developer activities, quality and production timelines
- Ensuring quality and timeliness of artifacts
- Building deployment packages
- Design logical and physical deployment scenarios as it relates to application design
-Developing and unit testing on-line database designs using SQL 2008+ is preferred
- Tuning SQL queries and database performance is preferred
- Strong background in web-based applications design and development in enterprise environments
- Deep understanding of the multi-tier architecture approach to systems design
- 5 years or more experience with SQL Server development and database design with medium to large databases (aka under 1 terabyte), including tables, views, stored procedures, SQL agent jobs, cross server procedure calls, dynamic SQL (including understanding the pitfalls), as well as query and index optimization
- Strong SQL skills to develop Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers
- Experience with ETL programs and designs (Microsoft SSIS and DTS)
- Ability to architect a solutions independently
- Visual Modeling of application and database solutions
- Strong working knowledge of n-tier and OO architectures
- Experience with UML, ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET
- College Diploma in Computer Systems Technology, University Degree in computing sciences, or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years experience in .NET development focusing on Visual Studio (2012 preferred) with ASP.NET Webforms using C#
- Experience in database design and development with large and high transaction production servers as a database developer.
- 10 years or more experience working with database in general.
- 4 years or more experience working with SQL 2000/2005 database.
- Multi-tier, multi-server enterprise application environment.
- SQL Server 2000/2005 and/or SQL Reporting Services2000/2005 would be considered an asset.
- Microsoft Enterprise Library
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Telerik UI & Code Analysis Suites
- Experience with a Continuous integration server.
- Experience with Entity Framework, nHibernate or similar ORM framework
- Experience with LESS or SASS or alternative CSS Framework
- Experience with HTML5 & support frameworks for non-compliant browsers
For additional information, visit us at www.orbitgroup.ca