Orbis

Orbis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Blind management, lack of teamwork, favoritism, no advancement, no life away from there
setup/processing (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Mismanagement, heat, noise, smoke, expectations, insurance, 12 hour days, morale killing
Management is probally the worst I've been involved with, and I've worked for facilities FAR larger than this. Technical manager is a liar and a thief, leaving the department with 0 technical sirectiin, most of the supervisors are blind puppets, favoritism has put very undeserving people in spots they fail at often, but get covered up to save face by the powers that be, HR will not work to help the employee, will not listen to employees, will barely help employees. The production manager is the one member of management that seems to be fair to his workers, and fights for what's right for them, and knows what he is doing. It's extremely hot in the summer. Hourly employees will be given displinary actions, even if calling in while the state is under a snow emergency. 12 hour shifts, no home life for the night shifts. Weekend starts on Saturday, so the workers are either getting off Saturday morning, or going in Saturday night. There's very little room for advancement, the insurance is terrible, the attendance policy is terrible, and the vacation policy is terrible.
Orbis was not so good
Material Handler, Crate builder (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: almost everything about this job was terrible
the people were nice but the work was very boring, it felt like the day was never going to end. the break schedule was terrible.
Hard work with little pay
Operator A (Current Employee), Bardstown, KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Might be able to make enough to pay your bills
Cons: Short breaks, bad healthcare plan, and carpel tunnel syndrome
Rotating through various mold injection presses for 12 hours a day, hammering and banging on various sized plastics with less and less time to do more and more work. Was told by one of my supervisors on a hot day that getting a drink was a waste of time.

Management is inconsistent, unreliable, and hypocritical.
good place to work long days not much home time
production/Maintenance (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYMarch 13, 2015
good place to work long days not much home time
cleaned and assembled parts
learned how to use a lot of tools
most co workers were great to work with
the hardest part of the job was being faster than the machines
the most enjoyable part was learning new things
Bad management
office (Former Employee), lakevilleMarch 10, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: management
The management at this facility is only worried about the bottom line and does not appreciate it's employees - especially those that have been there for their career and have dedicated their career to them. Morale is low, employees have to look over their shoulders and are afraid to say anything against any management. Corporate is just as bad for allowing it to happen. Always here about how it's a family owned company and they are so 'for' their employees, but it's all smoke and mirrors.
Efficient workers and good people to work with
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Typical warehouse work; tolerable because of the great management and awesome workers. Small workforce but everyone works together if help is needed. There wasn't so much as a hard part of the job but the laborious work and no type of A/C made you weary. Otherwise the men are great and the work is simple but a lot of it so the day runs by fast if you keep working diligently.
The worst slave shop known to man
Bulk Assembler (Former Employee), Mentor OHNovember 28, 2014
Pros: they give you water
Cons: everything you could imagine
Nothing more than a slave shop that recycles their employees. Modern day China with heroin needles in the bathrooms. One false move and the show you the door. They even have illegal immigrants working in the facility. STAY AWAY
Just a great place.
Nozzle Technician (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: they trusted in me, the learning experience.
Cons: getting stuck by the little thermal cupping wiring.
This job was very fun because I started off as a production worker and got promoted to Nozzle tech with no prior experience. A day at work would consist of me cleaning and repairing nozzles for different mold patterns that the company made. I would have to use oxygen and asetaline tanks to melt the hardened plastics off the nozzles without damaging them and run test to see if the thermal cupping wiring is still good to get a accurate voltage reading for the specific mold. If the wiring was burned then I would have to rebuild the entire nozzle. I also had to operate a forklift and pick and pull the nozzle orders for the custom plastic molding injection units. My co workers were great and fun to be around which made time fly by. I learned to use various tools, welding, how to use a blow torch as well as to take electric meter readings on the nozzles to know that they are performing properly. The hardest part of this job was getting stuck by the little wires because you couldn't wear gloves and fix nozzles, the most enjoyable was that the company took a chance and believed in me to do a job I had no prior experience with and was patient until I mastered my job. Also it was fun because everyday I was learning.
Management and temp employees are very unprofessional
Packer (Former Employee), Hopskins,ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: you get nothing from the company .
Cons: may not go home in a timely matter.
I will never work for Manasha packaging in Hopskins, IL again! Management and employees were always talking in Spanish and making comments about African-Americans as well as us doing all the hard labor while they do nothing but yell all the time. They do not care about you but only get the products out fast.
Terrible place to work
technician (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free meals on holidays
Cons: terrible management
long hours and you may or may not get your breaks. Terrible management. They only care about getting the product out.
Great place with a lunch room
Manufacturer (Current Employee), Menasha, WISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: three breaks
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Longer hours, nice amount of breaks. Great management. Nice rotation system every 2 hours.
Will give review when requested.
Security operative (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGSeptember 13, 2014
• A lot of driving.
• Always Busy
• Always encountering different challenges
Will give more details when requested
loved it
Production Associate II (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: we all brought i food for lunch, x mass partys
Cons: some people didnt take their job seriously.
I loved working with Barbra she is a great boss wish I could come back. I learned how to us mesurement , weigh part ect. The company is great.I was sore. my hands hurt,but once u get use to it its great.
was not there long.
Production Manager (Former Employee), Osage City, KSAugust 29, 2014
I am not able to talk about working there. Nor am I to talk about what is going on there.
selfplanning
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Sittard, LIMay 19, 2014
Selfplanning was possible. I had some cliënts for longterm work which I loved. I got to know the people and they were always happy to see me. Friendly clients, lot of variety. Went to clean houses, talk and listen to the clients.

Unorganised management, that didnt'always know where you needed to go. Last minute changes.
It is a Warehouse and you load and un-load trucks.
Loader (Former Employee), Saint Rose, LAFebruary 17, 2014
They don't give you enough hours for all the work in short time.
At Orbis
Assembly (Former Employee), Mentor, OHFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: awesome hours
Cons: short breaks
At Orbis I learned how to work with power tools. I now know how to use them correctly. Management was pretty spot on. My supervisor was good guy. My coworkers were cool too. We all helped each other. It was a pretty good environment. The hardest of the job is finding enough to keep you busy when you get ahead or when we are rushed to finish an order. The most enjoyable part was being in there with a bunch of decent people.
Productive and busy place.
Production (Current Employee), Bardstown, KYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: not long enough lunch for 12 hour days
12 hour days,leared teamwork, Co workers are good to work with.
Horrible place!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYNovember 30, 2013
Pros: nothing but the money for managers
Cons: nasty, unhealthy, bad management up above
This is no dought the worst company in Kentucky! Just a bad company that can't be fixed! Retention is the worst ever! 99% all the time. Never the same people, management too!
Please don't share this information with anyone!
Very organised job
Assembler (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMay 22, 2013
Pros: the day goes fast
Cons: its a very fast job so you get tired easily
Your day goes too fast because you are always busy , the people there will only show you once how to do the job and thats it but over all is like any other job

About Orbis

A Shift in Thinking As leading companies continue to drive sustainability in their business, they scrutinize every point of – Read more