Handles specific testing functions within the Product Development and Engineering Departments. Carries out experimentation as outlined by Engineering. Duties include verifying pump performance tests and providing necessary information to re-work, if required.
Prototype assembly, laboratory testing, and record keeping. Determines equipment performance and/or malfunction. Generates and collects accurate data to be used by Engineering and/or Marketing departments.
1. Sets up and conducts tests of complete units or components under actual operating conditions to investigate improvement of performance or to obtain data for development, standardization or quality control.
2. Works from wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and instructions, either verbally or in writing concerning test loop setup and test speciment performance schedules.
3. Works closely with machine shop or machine shop vendors when making alterations to test specimens or test equipment components.
4. Responsible to keep the pump test stand, engineering testing area and instruments in good condition. Have instruments calibrated according to calibration schedule and to keep copies of calibration reports.
5. Verify pump performance on in-house orders. Evaluate and give re-work instructions, if necessary, to the worker.
6. Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of certain principles.
7. Maintains and installs temperature, pressure, voltage, current and power measurement devices and their associated instrumentation.
8. Informs group leader or supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment conditions and any corrective actions taken.
9. Examine component parts for conformance with dimensional specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
10. Involved with engineering development products as tester. Participate in development test plan.
11. Execute development test plan.
1. Assists with equipment material test studies.
2. Must be able to perform necessary data manipulations utilizing personal computer.
3. Must perform necessary inspection operations.
4. Must report all problems to supervisor.
5. May assist line inspectors with serious quality problems.
6. Performs miscellaneous duties as directed by the supervisor.
1. Technician degree or diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
1. Assembly or machine shop experience in pump related area.
2. Computer literate including CAD, spreadsheet and word processing.
3. The ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
4. The ability to use all pertinent measurement equipment.
5. Must have basic electrical wiring knowledge.
6. 1 to 2 years’ of pump or valve testing
7. Experience with Labview data acquisition system an asset
8. Computer literate – familiar with AutoCAD, Excel, and Word.