Oracle Employee Review

A start-up company with boots
Director within Worldwide Support (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CA29 May 2013
There was no such thing as a typical day at Oracle. It was an adventure for the first nine years of the eleven I worked out of headquarters in Redwood Shores. I worked within the Support Organization with some of the brightest and finest people I have ever known.

The challenges were unending and worthy of time and attention. There was ample access and budget to get technical and product training. It was a fantastic environment for skilled technical people who are motivated and outgoing.

Management philosophies varied, but, organizational barriers were mostly bridged by dedicated people working in cross organizational teams to best implement product and operational quality programs.

I do recall that upper management changes were more frequent after 2001 as the M&A increased and redundancy in upper management motivated some "house cleaning". It's a cultural thing. The day to day work seemed to be driven by a living fabric underlying the formal organizational boundaries.

I still have many friends at Oracle (both in headquarters and in the field around the world) and I believe it is a fantastic place for qualified, aggressive, and dedicated people. As far as I am concerned, all roads to and from Oracle are paved in gold.

Of course, I haven't any first hand knowledge in seven years so this was likely outdated opinion the week I left the company. ;^)
Pros
Fast paced. Dynamic. Money maker.
Cons
If you need a life, structure and security, do not apply.

Other Oracle Employee Reviews

Restrictive and militaristic culture
Senior Principal Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
Salary range is below industry levels although benefits package are probably better than average. Mgmnt stye is strictly follow orders, maximize profits at ALL COST.
Great products, shift to cloud is minimizing on premise hardware
Principal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2018
Oracle's overlapping business solutions create unnecessary internal competition and struggles. Oracle's massive shift to cloud based offerings has minimized their focus on general purpose on premise system architectures.
Pros
Job flexability
Cons
Compete internally with other parts of Oracle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.