Oracle Employee Reviews

Oracle work summary
Application Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2017
Oracle is a great place work with good benefits, salary, commission structure with vacation package etc. They are a bit late to the cloud/ saas and trying to catch up with leaders like Salesforce, AWS etc.
Very competitive
Applications Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2017
This is a very competitive environment that does offer a lot of upward mobility for sales reps that enjoy a high stress environment and the pressure of working long hours with tight deadlines.
Pros
Internationally recognized name
Cons
No comment at this time
no job security
Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2017
They took me for a job at their customer place, when their project is over, they were unable to place me in any other projects as they have a very less QA presence in toronto and i have to quit and search for another job, it was a very terrible moment and i had a big stress during that time. They recruited me from a different country where i was going safe and secure. I don't recommend oracle to any one.
Working at Oracle
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2017
Oracle is a big company, so learning and developing here is self-driven. On the sales engineering side you are solving some great problems and have some good tools at your disposal to do so with. Definitely have to watch out for work-life balance as it can demand a lot of time. You also have to do a lot of self-promotion and managing upwards. Management can be a toss-up (some are really good and others not so - true of most places)
Pros
Interesting Problems to solve, Bonuses are usually good, pay is reasonable
Cons
long hours, managing upwards
Entreprise très grande et très complexe
Applications Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 April 2017
Bon salaire de base, bonnes commissions mais votre succès dépend beaucoup de votre directeur.
Best Organization in the World!
Senior Managing Principal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Fantastic company - best managed enterprise in the world, second to none. If you find yourself fortunate enough to work here, count your lucky stars. You will be happy for a very long time.
no interst in JOB or personal development
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 April 2017
all you have heard is true, customer or employee satisfaction defiantly not a concern - a place to go while looking for real career
or to start out. check your integrity at the door
Pros
good benefits some good people
Cons
scary amount of turn over, the good seem to go quick
A big company respect work/life balance
Senior Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
Working in this company you can enjoy flexible working hours. Though the salary is not very high you can have a good work/life balance. The managers in my teams are all very nice.
Great Professional Experience
Product Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CA1 March 2017
I had the opportunity to work with a great team and be part of the Go- To- Market activities for the product launch of the new Oracle Security Cloud Services. Great experience for my career growth.
Cons
Employees are treated as "just a number", yearly "re-orgs" cause layoffs, limited salary increases
career advancement is poor
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TORONTO, ON24 February 2017
Overall, a good place for Work Life balance, good colleagues, but career advancement/growth is lacking, no bonus structures. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new technologies and providing solutions to clients. The hardest part of the job is to establish a process that works, when working on client solutions or seeking answers to questions.
Pros
free lunches, good vacation and work life balance
Cons
lack of career advancement, no bonus
Large International Software Firm
ORACLE APPLICATIONS / MIDDLEWARE SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Redwood, ON10 January 2017
Oracle provides and aggressive environment with a broad software portfolio and unlimited opportunity for advancement and income. Fragmented account management can be a challenge.
Productive and fun place to work
Principal Consultant, Linux & Virtualization (Former Employee) –  New Delhi23 December 2016
Balance, opportunities to research. Freedom, quality of management, life, Good quality of work. MNC culture, no partiality but merit driven. Work life balance, Good HR policies. No nonsense or excessive politics.
Collaboration is medium
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC3 October 2016
Collaboration is difficult among the different teams in the enterprise
Great place to learn and develop your experience.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 September 2016
Oracle it's a great place to work and learn new skills using the latest software technology. There are times when you could be overwhelmed by the tasks and deadlines of the projects. The management is not always supportive but overall I had a great experience. It's hard to advance in the company, no career growth opportunities.
Pros
Great place to learn and develop your experience.
Cons
No pay increase
Very stressful offshore driven company
Senior Global Resource Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2016
Work day includes meeting/greeting students and instructors - this was the highlight of the work day. The culture is very difficult in that there is always the threat of reduction in work force. The Sales teams have very strict quotas that given this climate are difficult to achieve. I enjoyed very much the people I worked with all over the world, learning new cultures, and autonomy from managers and directors. I enjoyed remote work and entering the Education centers 2x a week. I also enjoyed whatever travel was involved in this role.
Pros
Flexability to work from home
Cons
Long hours, no gratification
Productive and Fun Place to Work with table tennis
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CA2 September 2016
Productive and Fun Place to Work with table tennis
Scalable architectures.
Co-Workers are very professional
flexible timings was the more enjoyable part
Good company to work for.
SR. ADVANCED SUPPORT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Tustin CA15 August 2016
Good company to work for.Lot of new products to learn. Need to keep updated with the new releases and products. Good learning resources available and challenging issues to work for.
A place to work to retirement
Principal Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2016
Great work/life balance.
Good cloud strategy but late to market.
Need a big overhaul on salary. Not competitive enough!
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Salary not competitive with market.
It has Work as well as Fun at Work
Project Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  BANGALURU20 June 2016
1. A typical day at work includes 60% of work and 40 % of fun, which makes you come back to office on the next day and wont tier you to the core neither makes your process boring.
2. Initially I have been a part of "MICROS" Team where i have learned the complete end to end process of PA Team which includes PAC's, Booking/Funding of the project, Processing, Revenue & Invoice generation, De-booking Till the project gets closed.
Then i have moved to PA "FUNDING TEAM" where i have learned complete funding process for different regions ie."APAC, AMER, JAP AC ,EMEA".
3.Management in Oracle goes as per Hierarchy, everything works as per Hierarchy but that doesn't mean that we cant approach Higher level Management with our issues or doubts. Employees are given their space to provide their suggestions on any process related or management related ideas.
4. I don't think any part of my job is Hard, if you posses sound knowledge about the process and you know to handle LOB in different situations and maintain quality as well as good quantity of work.
5.I enjoy ever bit of my Job, but the best part is with every funding or processing we come across different situations and challenges which makes the work even more interesting.
6.I have great Co-workers, everyone is really helpful , they push each other to do better and better in their career. they enjoy when we have fun at work on every Friday . we have a great buch of enthusiastic and young people which even includes my managers and Team leads.
Pros
we are provided with Cab services, midnight snackes as well as breakfast
Cons
Some times we get very less work and the whole day gets wasted.
Good place to start up a career.
Associate Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh18 April 2016
Its a very competitive organization and ideal for people who are career oriented. Extensive skills development and employee growth is promoted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval