I’m trying to reach you regarding position “Systems Administrator” (Linux/Unix/VoIP) with one of our prestigious client. Below you will find the job description detailing the preferred specifications that our client is seeking for this position. If you are available and meet the requirements please respond with your updated resume along with your contact information and expected Hourly Rate.
Title: Systems Administrator (Linux/Unix/VoIP)
Location: North York ON
Duration: Full Time / Permanent
Role: Systems Administrator (Linux/Unix/VoIP)
Client is looking for a highly motivated Full-Time Systems Administrator (Linux/Unix/VoIP) in their Service Architecture & Engineering team. Client is Canada’s largest privately-owned telecommunications service provider specializing in Voice over IP (VoIP), serving more than 1, 600 cities across Canada and the US, in both Retail and Wholesale markets. Client is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, leading the market in its service oriented approach to its customers and expanding its teams with like-minded individuals.
This Systems Administrator opportunity is responsible for the uptime, overall health, and production support for various commercial and open source solutions supporting both internal and external customers. Client provides a great learning opportunity working with a wide variety of system and network infrastructure services. It is expected that the Systems Administrator will develop a strong level of knowledge and experience in VoIP provider systems through the ongoing support, maintenance, and operations of our production infrastructure and clients.
- Provide server administration, upgrades, maintenance, facilitate backups, and support.
- Provide Tier II/III Technical Support for Technical Services and Network Operations teams in diagnosing complex issues ranging from individual clients, to network-wide contexts.
- Ensure the 24/7 system/network uptime as part of a weekly On-Call rotation (1 week on, 5 weeks off).
- Work closely with the systems and network engineering teams on service delivery projects in functions including (but not limited to) system deployment, configuration, monitoring, and operational documentation.
- Work closely with commercial vendors escalating service related issues/questions.
- Provide solutions for ongoing monitoring server behaviour and performance analysis of infrastructure systems.
- Provide ongoing training/hand-off for alert handling procedures to Network Operations teams.
- Assist in the provisioning of complex services for Wholesale/Business clients.
- Responsible for providing root cause analysis for all system/network-wide events that affect service/server uptime.
- Responsible for escalating design level related issues with encouraged solutions to the engineering teams to better the overall delivery of services to customers.
- 2-3+ years’ experience working with Linux/Unix/VoIP systems in a production environment (RedHat preferred).
- 2-3+ years’ experience scripting in both Perl and Shell (bash, tcsh, sh, ksh).
- 2-3+ years’ experience working with open source software including (but not limited to) Apache HTTPd, Tomcat, Asterisk, BIND, PowerDNS, MySQL, Postgres, Free Radius, Exim, OpenLDAP, Courier-IMAP, etc.
- Experienced working with RHEL/CentOS, Solaris 8/9/10, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008.
- Experienced in supporting infrastructure systems such as DNS, NTP, LDAP, SQL, NFS/CIFS, SAN, SYSLOG, RADIUS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.
- Experience operating and maintaining network file systems (NetApp, Pillar Data, etc.), backup systems (Veritas, NetApp, Bacula, etc.), Databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, etc.), remote server provisioning systems (Kickstart, Jumpstart, Puppet, etc.), load balancers (BigIP, Linux, etc.), VoIP (Genband, Acme Packet, Asterisk, Broadsoft, Audio Codes, etc.), and virtualization systems (VMWare/vSphere, Xen, KVM, etc.).
- Intermediate knowledge of VoIP/TDM protocols including (but not limited to) SIP, MGCP, H.323, RTP (A/V), SDP, ISDN, Q.931, SS7, etc.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI model, as well as WAN and LAN technologies and their role in server deployment (QoS, VLAN, STP, VRRP, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, ANYCAST).
- Solid understanding of telecommunications technologies (Retail/Wholesale Telephony, Internet Access, Long Distance, etc.) and their supporting system and network infrastructure elements.
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment and provide significant contributions both individually and as part of a greater team.
- Able to learn and adapt to new services, systems, and technologies in an ever growing technical infrastructure.
- Experience working with Cisco network elements is an asset.
Indeed - 6 months ago
OPUS-ISM is a leading provider of pharmacy management systems to independent, chain, outpatient and institutional pharmacies. OPUS-ISM has...