I’m trying to reach you regarding position of “Sr. Java Developer” with one of our prestigious client. Below you will find the job description detailing the preferred specifications that our client is seeking for this position. If you are available and meet the requirements please respond with your updated resume and base salary expectation.
Title: Sr. Java Developer
Location: North York, Ontario
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Sr. Java Developer
Client is looking for a highly motivated full time Sr. Java Developer to join our Development team. Client is Canada’s largest privately-owned telecommunications service provider specializing in Voice over IP (VoIP) and Data Services, serving more than 1, 600 cities across Canada and the US, in both Retail and Wholesale markets. Client is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, leading the market in its service oriented approach to its customers and expanding its teams with like-minded individuals.
This Sr. Java Developer opportunity is responsible for design, code, test and support of Java EE Based applications. Client provides a great learning opportunity working with a wide variety of developers. As Sr. Developer you will be responsible on rotation basis of afterhours work should an emergency arise.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and develop e-commerce solutions using Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlet, Spring, Struts, XML, XSL, SQL, jQuery, DWR and other web technologies.
- Drive innovation and new ideas throughout the delivery teams.
- Lead and mentor other developers in coding complex technical solutions.
- Analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications. Communicate gaps in business and technical functionality and asses impact to timelines.
- Unit and system testing of application code, as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Analysis and identification of technical areas of improvement within existing web applications
- Work with other internal IT teams to complete project activates, such as infrastructure, architecture, operations, and database teams.
- Help research and recommend new tools and technology frameworks that can drive innovation and differentiation of our web sites.
- Participate in technology forums and industry user groups
Qualifications and Assets:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 6 years’ experience in related field.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience with web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high performance, reliable and maintainable code. Core competencies in Java, Struts, JPA, SOAP/XML is required.
- Experience of using Eclipse/MyEclipse is required.
- Must have experience in object-oriented analysis, design and programming, tier components, (JDBC, Servlets, JMS, JNDI etc. ), Java/JEE design patterns, SOAP and Web Services.
- Working experience with internationalization, localization and translation is a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Comprehensive SDLC experience including:
Strong design skills - use of UML, patterns, OOA/OOD.
Agile implementation principles and practices.
User of version control management such as SVN, CVS.
Testing through presentation tier with JUnit or other testing frameworks.
Production environment deployment and maintenance.
Knowledge of Maven is a Plus
- A self-starter with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- A team player with ability to work independently with minimum supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
Indeed - 10 months ago
OPUS-ISM is a leading provider of pharmacy management systems to independent, chain, outpatient and institutional pharmacies. OPUS-ISM has...