I’m trying to reach you regarding the below positions with one of our prestigious client. Below you will find the job description detailing the preferred specifications that our client is seeking for this position. If you are available and meet the requirements please respond with your updated resume along with your contact information and Expected hourly rate.
Title: Java Developer
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in all phases of the software development life cycle, including product research, software architecture, design, construction, testing, implementation and support.
- Participation in the gathering, analysis and documentation of requirements with software development manager, project manager and other software developers on the team.
- Design and implement assigned components of the architecture or application according to provided software requirements or specifications.
- Participate in the testing of the system, including unit testing, functional testing, performance testing and installation testing
- Code to company quality and programming standards
- Work in a self directed, agile environment
- Ability to extract the essence of a complicated situation; sort out the core ideas that are relevant to the assigned tasks/goals
- Communication skills to create create/communicate artifacts throughout the software development life cycle
- Ability to estimate/track/monitor time spent on assigned development activities
- Document code/processes/practices in both inline (Javadoc) and various hard copy artifacts
- Ability to read/interpret Industry standards
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in relevant position
- Ability to read feature specifications and determine how to implement them
- Ability to read software requirement documents and produce technical specifications
- Fluency in Java acquired by hands-on experience, JEE, and Web Services (specifically JEE6, JSF 2, JMS, Web Services)
- Minimum 2 years experience and knowledge of standard web technologies - HTML, XML, XSLT, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database design concepts, JPA 2, and Hibernate
- Proven experience or knowledge with Linux or a Unix variant
- Familiarity with version control and management systems (Hudson, ANT, SVN)
- Knowledge of UML, object modeling, analysis and design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development methodology
- Knowledge of Drools and jBPM would be an asset
- Test driven development experience would be an asset
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
OPUS-ISM is a leading provider of pharmacy management systems to independent, chain, outpatient and institutional pharmacies. OPUS-ISM has...