I’m trying to reach you regarding position "Electronics Engineer" with one of our prestigious client. If you are available and meet the requirements please respond with your updated resume along with your contact information.
Position : Electronics Engineer
Location : North Vancouver BC
Duration : 6+ months
Total hours : 40.00 Per Week
The Electronics Engineer is responsible for detailed electronics engineering for the development and maintaining of Honeywell CD actuator products. Responsibilities include project management, design, development, implementation, integration, testing and validation of assigned products to meet defined product requirements.
1) As part of a formalized product team, participate in development and production release of advanced paper machine actuators. This includes digital and analog signal processing, signal conditioning, communications, circuit design, and component specification and testing. Work includes producing prototype designs and carrying out alpha testing activities within the Honeywell development laboratories and supporting beta testing activities on customer sites. Work includes design for obsolescence replacements, new designs to replace legacy products, troubleshooting and failure analysis. All work is carried out in accordance with established ISO design control procedures and design for six sigma (DFSS) methodology.
2) Act as the electrical technical expert for CD Actuators electronics design, providing thorough circuit analysis for the company's electronics based products.
3) Participate in maintaining and improving engineering processes and methods to constantly improve efficiency and quality of work. This includes working with state of the art electronic engineering design and simulation tools.
4) Maintain accurate and up-to-date product documentation including standard designs, standard drawings, BOMs, assembly and test instructions, specifications, cost reports, forms, lists, procedures and manuals.
5) Provide technical support to manufacturing and Honeywell field during the manufacturing and commissioning phases of projects.
Professional Engineer with Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
2 - 4 year’s in-depth electronics engineering experience including design and engineering in an advanced technology manufacturing environment.
- Programming of micro controllers (PIC, LonWorks, FPGAs), multi-platform adaptability, high and low level programming, drivers, etc.
- Electronic, analog / digital circuit design, test and troubleshooting. Previous experience designing electronics for stepper motor control and positioning is an asset.
- Knowledge in the design of products for industrial environments, electrical codes (national and international) and familiarity with software engineering practices to SEI CMM Level 3.
- Fluent in advanced engineering tools.
- Design experience with high frequency switching inverters and knowledge of power electronics circuit theory and calculation is beneficial.
- Electrical design, Honeywell product and application knowledge, computerized engineering tools, PC based office productivity packages, and project management experience.
- Hands on experience in designing and building testing equipment, cable and harness assemblies to validate a design concept. 3D modeling using CAD software would be considered a great asset
- Proficiency with rapid design and rapid prototyping: bare board manufacturing, building, testing and assembling various design concepts.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
OPUS-ISM is a leading provider of pharmacy management systems to independent, chain, outpatient and institutional pharmacies. OPUS-ISM has...