I’m trying to reach you regarding position "Buyer" with one of our prestigious client. If you are available and meet the requirements please respond with your updated resume and hourly rate expectations.
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Calgary, AB
Shift: 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Duration: August 2014 – April 2015 with future extension
- Plans, manages and executes purchasing responsibilities for all assigned commodities.
- Develops and maintains a plan for every part for assigned commodities.
- Communicates supply issues to the ISC teams, gains their support in achieving resolution of supply issues and works with them to continually improve supplier OTTR and customer OTTR.
- Use the SAP system to plan, create and manage purchase orders in way that minimizes short parts to production while minimizing Inventory days of sale (DOS).
- Support HOS initiatives across the site.
- Coordinate with various levels of sales staff, production, management, purchasing, planning, DDC, R&D and engineering effectively.
- Analyses various SAP reports to understand variation and waste.
Identifies ways to improve material planning & purchasing processes and tools.
- Responsible for maintaining and optimizing SAP planning criteria on all assigned purchased parts in the SAP Material Master.
- Carries out any other duties as requested by the Materials Planning Supervisor.
- Continually strives to eliminate any unsafe behaviour and drive improvements for a safer environment.
Key Success Factors (Key Metrics / KPIs / Deliverables)
- Part Shortages Impacting production for commodities under buyers control.
- Inventory days of supply for commodities under buyers control.
- Inventory $ for commodities under buyers control.
- Working to resolve part shortages such that the impact on production is minimized.
- Escalation and communication of high impact part shorts
- Management of inventory within DSI targets.
- Working Relationships
- Most Frequent Contacts Nature or Purpose Internal & External
- Planning & Purchasing Supervisor.
- Buyer / Planners.
- Master Scheduler.
- Material Handlers.
- Logistics manager.
- Commodity Managers.
- Reporting line / Escalation of part short issue’s.
- Provide cover for vacation / absences.
- Provide updates on part shortages. Liase with to understand any shortage issues.
- OTTR miss reporting & minimizati of premium freight charges.
- Escalation of part shortages / PPV approval.
- Provision of hot part tickets for short parts.
- Provision of information regards part shortages and ETA’s
Qualifications/ Experience/ Knowledge
Job Specifications Must have:
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing with demonstrated purchasing capability in a varied and high SKU count environment.
- Computer Literate – in the use of MS Office (Strong MS Excel, Access, Word)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
Nice to Have:
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. P.M.A.C., A.P.I.C.S. (purchasing).
- SAP experience.
Education / Qualifications
- Ideally Bachelor’s Degree, but minimum High School Diploma.
- 3-5 years purchasing experience
Professional Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. .
- Experience in working within multi-disciplinary teams to achieve objectives.
- Results oriented
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Must be results-oriented with strong bias for action and a sense of urgency.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- SAP purchasing knowledge and experience
[Candidate must have experience with SAP. MFG or Electrical buyer exp, main product is Resisters, transistors, LCD's and plastics.. etc. Bus. Casual attire Mon - Thurs Friday's - Jeans day. Will be required to go out on MFG floor, no open toed or heels allowed on production floor. Will be phone intvs, followed by in person with a possibility of a final interview upon decision.]
OPUS-ISM is a leading provider of pharmacy management systems to independent, chain, outpatient and institutional pharmacies. OPUS-ISM has...