I’m trying to reach you regarding “Sr. Systems Engineer – Cloud, LAMP” position with one of our prestigious client. Below you will find the job description detailing the preferred specifications that our client is seeking for this position. If you are available and meet the requirements please respond with your updated resume along with your contact information and expected base salary.
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer – Cloud, LAMP
Location: Toronto, ON and Kelowna, BC
Duration: Full Time
Sr. Systems Engineer – Cloud, LAMP
Client is a first class Commerce and SaaS enablement company, with an award winning approach to hosting business-critical Internet applications and reaching broad markets to address the unique business challenges faced by online businesses today.
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Engineering team.You willoperate as the integration point for the technology and development teams to create best in class, industry leading commerce hosting solutions.This is a hands-on role in which the successful candidate will be comfortable planning and designing solutions as well as working directly with the technology, helping with implementation and configuration tasks.
Client’s headquartered in Toronto, with additional offices in Kelowna, BC and Pune, India. You would work out of one of these locations or from your home office. Clients’s offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including three (3) weeks paid vacation, a paid day off on your birthday, three (3) personal days off per year, a company mobile phone and 50% off a gym membership up to $40/month.
As a Sr. Systems Engineer specializing in Cloud LAMP Stacks, you will:
- Lead the engineering effort for hosting LAMP based commerce stacks including Magento
- Be a technical leader and subject matter expert at client’s location for LAMP stack installation, configuration troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Be part of a team developing Cloud Commerce Hosting solutions for client customers.
Requirements skills and qualifications:
- 7+ years Linux systems engineering / administration (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, Amazon Linux)
- 5+ years scripting experience (Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- 5+ years in senior configuration & admin role supporting large web architectures
- 5+ years configuring & troubleshooting production large scale LAMP stacks
- 2+ years configuring and supporting applications on AWS or other cloud platforms
- 3+ years advanced MySQL configuration (read replicas, performance tuning, troubleshooting)
- 3+ years web performance testing and optimization
- Proven ability to work independently and lead projects
- Proven ability to both document and train other staff on your work
- Comfortable communicating concepts to both technical staff and senior management
Other great skills to have:
- Commerce platform experience: Magento, Oracle Commerce (ATG), WebSphere Commerce, Hybris
- SDLC / Testing: Subversion, Git, Jenkins, Jmeter, Selenium
- Experience with JBoss / Wildfly
- Certifications: ITIL, RHCE, AWS, CompTIA+, etc.
- Other relevant tools: Nginx, Varnish, Solr, PHP-FPM, Redis, Memcached, Chef
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
OPUS-ISM is a leading provider of pharmacy management systems to independent, chain, outpatient and institutional pharmacies. OPUS-ISM has...