Are you passionate about programming?
Is well crafted code like poetry for you?
Do you administer a Linux server at home for fun?
Do you participate in open source projects?
Are tech startups more attractive to you than massive corporations?
Does the phrase “real-time automation” pique your interest?
Do you know somthing about 'SmartGrid' and electrical power systems?
Would you like to write software to modernize the electrical power grid?
If you answered yes to these questions then we want to talk to you! We are looking for highly motivated, passionate software developers to join our team that is creating a system that will help change the electrical power grid and foster greater penetration of renewable energies. We are looking for both experienced professionals that bring specific expertise and recent grads that bring a fresh outlook and eagerness to learn.
You will be part of an Agile team developing Opus One's gridOS™ system from the ground up through the complete life-cycle of concept, requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and deployment. You will have experience, skills, or knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electrical/computer engineering or equivalent
- C/C++, Java, Perl, ... programing in Debian environment
- Database programming and administration with postGreSQL
- Model driven architecture development (MDA, Enterprise Architect, UML, XMI, ...)
- XML / RDF / OWL ontology representation of objected oriented data models
- Service oriented architecture (WDSL, SOAP, JSON, ...)
- Linux system administration and integration of diverse open source
- AC power flow data modelling and analysis (CIM, IEC 61970, Multispeak)
- Electrical power systems, SCADA networks (DNP, Modbus)
- Technical writing and automated documentation
- Verbal and written communication and presentation
Opus One Solutions Energy Corp. is a Toronto-based startup to achieve one vision – 100% clean energy generation and consumption through energy intelligence with our gridOS™ system We have assembled strong alliances and government-industry-utility-academia consortia to tackle the opportunities and challenges of distributed renewable generation, electric vehicle charging, grid scale energy storage, and smart grid/microgrid.
If you’re passionate about computing systems and energy sustainability and want to join our team, please send a covering letter that explains why and forward along with your resume to us.