Opus One Solutions Energy Corp. is a Toronto-based startup to achieve one vision – 100% clean energy generation and consumption through energy intelligence.
We have assembled strong alliances and government-industry-utility-academia consortia to tackle the opportunities and challenges of distributed renewable generation, electric vehicle charging, grid scale energy storage, smart grid, and microgrid.
We are looking for a highly motivated automation, protection and control engineer to join our team in developing the first Distributed Energy Management System (DEMS) of its kind for a number of high profile flagship projects in Ontario. You will be working with a team of industry experts in a passionate entrepreneurial environment.
You will be responsible for kick-starting multiple areas of development for the DEMS and carrying it through its complete life cycle:
- Electric power engineering for power distribution feeders with embedded distributed generation, electric vehicle charging, and energy storage systems
- Energy management schemes, methodologies, and algorithm design
- Concept development, requirements definition, use case design, product specifications, architectural development, rapid prototyping, testing validation and evaluation, production, maintenance
- Developing embedded software on distributed controllers that interacts with routers, switches, inverters, electric vehicle charging stations, energy storage controls, medium voltage switchgear controls, substation relays, etc.
- Functional, stress, performance, interoperability, and usability testing
- Systems integration and interoperability with other control systems
- Engineering analytics, business case development, and usability evaluations
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Electric distribution system planning, operations, protection, control, and optimization
- Experience with power system relays, RTUs, PLCs, SCADA, HMI, and data historian
- Electric power system power flow analysis, state estimation, optimal power flow
- Understanding of distributed control systems
- Time sensitive applications for mission critical infrastructure
- Test automation
- Experience in electric system simulation and automation software packages such as CYME, PSCAD, and Labview
- TCP/IP protocol stack and Ethernet
- C/Java programming in Linux/*nix environment
- DNP3.0 and IEC 61850 protocols for utility equipment communications
- Embedded software development, wide area network of controllers
- Experience with Distribution Management Systems and Geographical Information Systems
- Experience in R&D process, from conceptualization, use case development, rapid prototyping, testing, evaluation, documentation, product launch, marketing, commercialization, and scaling.
- Strong organizational, analytical, trouble shooting, technical documentation, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment. A self-starter.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience working for a relay manufacturer, utility, or similar automation, protection and control company ideal
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters in electrical engineering, computer engineering, and software engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer registered with PEO or equivalent
- As relevant to meet knowledge and skills requirements
If you’re passionate about energy sustainability and computing systems, and want to shine with your visionary ideas and skills, please join us and realize a future of sustainability.
Indeed - 5 months ago