Title: Network Operations Associate
Location: North York, Ontario
Duration: Permanent/Direct Hire
Maximum Salary: Up to 50k per annum and other benefits and Bonus
As one of Canada's leading telecommunication innovators, we're constantly introducing exciting new telecommunication technologies and applications that appeal to avid mobile and Internet users. We specialize in Voice over IP (VoIP), long distance and mobile for residential and business customers.
We offer our employees a competitive benefit package, attractive employee discount, an on-site gym, free parking, and a unique entrepreneurial culture.
Based at our Wildcat Rd. location in Toronto we are currently seeking a “Network Operations Associate”. The chosen candidate will be required to work between our Corporate Office (North York) and our Switch Site (Downtown). Network Operations Associate will report into Manager, Network Operations.
Network Operations Associate will:
- Troubleshoot and provide network monitoring on all core and edge network elements
- Analyze voice/data traffic and re-route as needed in order to ensure we maintain our benchmarked ASR/ACD and uptime.
- Ensure that carriers and vendor are meeting service level targets
- Provide first level support for all wholesaler tickets
- Provide second level support for all technical support tickets (VoIP)
- Create and maintain documentation on our internal wiki
- Work with internal departments in order to identify and improve efficiency
- Perform nightly maintenances in accordance with approved MOP from our Engineering team
- Morning, afternoon and evening shifts rotating every two weeks.
- Frequently assigned to changing priorities
- 50% or more time spent working at the data center or head office (both in Toronto)
- May be required to work overtime, with paid compensation in order to ensure 24x7 coverage as needed
Network Operations Associate must have:
- 3 YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Basic understanding of network troubleshooting is a necessity
- Understanding of call flow over TDM and VoIP networks is a necessity
- Basic understanding and experience using SQL and ability to create queries is an asset
- Ability to create and run Linux shell scripts is an asset
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Good organization skills required
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Voice/Call flow network troubleshooting can be ignored if the candidate is experience in Data networks (T1/DS3/OC3).