Mortgage Underwriter/Business Development
Our Client is a leader in the financial and investment services industry and is rapidly expanding. As a result, they are currently looking for a professional Mortgage Underwriter to join their team. This company bases their success on the personal growth and advancement of their employees. They offer challenging and rewarding careers, company benefits, and the ability to move throughout the organization.
What you will be doing in this role!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a globally expanding organization. In this role you can look forward to underwriting mortgage files, including residential, commercial and construction mortgages. You oversee company objectives and ensure all conditions and guidelines are being followed as per the Company Credit Policy.
You will also contribute to the business development side by developing and maintaining new and existing broker relationships.
- To generate new business opportunities you will be out of the office for a minimum of 2 days each month to conduct a minimum of at least 2 presentations per day to the broker industry
- Enhance the company brand by promoting mortgage products and distributing our marketing materials
- Provide support with the development, implementation and execution of a Mortgage Business Plan
- Take part in the mortgage broker trade shows and specific broker events
- Manage all input and maintenance of file information
- Update and maintain data for reports
- Contact and build on broker relationships
- Take part in credit negotiations and risk assessments
- Evaluate, analyze and review mortgage applications
- Submit deals on the CMHC email system
- Remain up to date on any CMHC policy and procedure updates or changes
- Participate in weekly mortgage meetings
What you should ideally bring to this role!
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable with Alt-A market and must hold extensive underwriting experience, within residential mortgages. Commercial experience is an asset!
- Post secondary education and a minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have relationships with brokers across the GTA
- A strong understanding of the Alt-A mortgage business is essential
- Extensive underwriting experience in residential mortgages is a must
- Strong understanding of negotiations for pricing within the broker industry
- Strong credit decision making and sound risk assessment skills
- Must maintain a professional manner and be a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and have intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with data setup with financial software is required
- Excellent organizational, administrative, analytical and very strong communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a self starter!
What your compensation will be!
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000