Our client, the largest carry out pizza chain in the world and an internationally known brand.
The Zone Manager serves as a business consultant to assigned franchise owners/licensee (franchisees), or candidates applying to become franchisees, to assist in the achievement of operational excellence. He (she) maintains an ongoing liaison between Little Caesars and franchisees and candidates requesting consideration to become a franchisee with area of responsibility. He (she) provides tools, counsel and advice to franchisees in and candidates requesting consideration to become a franchisee in all aspects of their store/location operations, including: food and labor cost control; expense control; safety; sanitation’ product quality control; training; and customer relations. He (she) seeks to ensure that franchisee recruitment and operations are conducted to reflect favorably on the company and to protect trademark rights.
1.Demonstrate familiarity and proficiency regarding all production tasks in the restaurant, including all recipes, procedures, equipment (functions, cleaning, basic troubleshooting), cost controls measures, service standards, employee supervision and sales building efforts.
2.Consult with a new franchisee via phone or in-person before a new store opens regarding:
a.the number of staff to hire, training schedule for new hires,
b.the training schedule for new staff members,
c.the procedure and quantity to order for the opening equipment and smallwares order, and
d.the procedure and quantity to order for the initial food order.
3.Ability to travel via automobile, train, plane or bus as required to visit and/or stay at various franchised locations to complete job functions as required.
4.Provide operational support to new and existing franchisees during store openings by teaching and demonstrating:
a.techniques to train part-time staff,
b.inventory count and calculation of food and paper costs,
c.employee schedule creation and cost calculation,
d.staff supervisory skills such as delegation and follow-up,
e.how to calculate yield on various food items,
f.tools for training staff and calculating projected usage of food items based on historical data provided by the franchisee,
g.basic daily paperwork requirements.
5.Serves as liaison between home office departments and franchise owner/licensees and candidates requesting consideration to become franchisees. Provide regular communication to all franchisees in assigned market.
6.Provide semi-annual feedback to franchisees in the form of Standardized Measurement Tool (Awareness Review) and follow-up letter (following a personal visit to each assigned location).
7.Ability to communicate clearly and publically in verbal and written form.
8.Conduct training in a classroom environment as required to franchisees and/or their employees.
9.Prepare weekly written analysis of assigned stores’ sales performance, store openings, schedules, and personal accomplishments.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Provides leadership and direction to colleagues. Encourages a high level of team spirit and sets a positive example for colleagues and recruits.
- Assists in developing materials and making presentation at special meetings as requested.
- Performs other franchise support or recruiting activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors’ degree in business, marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Four years previous restaurant/retail management experience.
- Fluency in French-Canadian and English.
- Strong relationship, team building and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated planning, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to visit franchisees and inquirers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 55 pounds and the ability to reach and move items from as high as six (6) feet and as low as six (6) inches off the ground.
- Ability to understand direction, instructions, and product specifications.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Multi-unit management experience.
- Point of Sale system experience.
- Computer skills, including data management and spreadsheet skills.