Optima Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Not willing to work with theie employees
Customer Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 24, 2016
They are very negative and not willing to help employees and very unprofessional. They treat people with challenges very poorly and unfair.
Easy Work, Boring Work
Outbound Customer Contact Agent (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Training is very thorough. If you pass the test given after training, they expect you to meet that standard for every call that you make. It takes about a week to get comfortable with the script.

If you work at the Whitby Office. they value your call quality a lot more than sales e.g. if you consistently get a 60% in quality and you meet quota, they will let you go [you need 80% average]

Management is great, they always try to help you out to succeed. However be wary of their payment system. They don't pay you for the hours you're at work, they pay you for the hours you spend on the phones. That means you should come in on time, leave on time, and never pass the time given for breaks and lunches if you want to get paid properly
Pros
Great management and colleages. Easy sit-down work
Cons
Boring job. High turnover due to colleagues quitting. Annoying Payment system
Easy job, difficult timings
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Good environment to work, esp given the fact its right in the middle of downtown. But work gets monotonous and repetitive really quick and there is no simulation from the managers' side to motivate the agents.
interesting
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
it is what it is. I done have much of a review due to they have a bad habit to demote agents.
they could work better with the reps
need to have benefits and offer 40 hours
great company
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
It was a great experience. Awesome people to work with. I will definitely would have love to stay if i had the opportunity to do what relates to my desires most.
Awesome!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Downtown TorontoNovember 29, 2015
It has been a good experience working with my current employer and the atmosphere is good there. I would like to grow and build a successful career.
Pros
good experience
Cons
on the phone entire time
fast paced but friendly atmosphere
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 17, 2015
Working for this company was good. It was past paced and the training was great. It went in depth of each product and the trainers were very knowledgeable. If it was not for a family emergency I would have stayed with the company. We called current customers to introduce them to new products that were available to them.
outbound calls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto ont.October 9, 2015
Responsible for calling business and updating company information for the general business directory. As well upsold business packages
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 23, 2015
Great place to work although making cold calls makes customers upset and they hang up most of the time. Management is great though and there are incentives as well. The training program is great and thorough.
Pros
There were some great incentives
Cons
Getting hang up on all the time
Friendly team environment with tonnes of training
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  whitbyAugust 7, 2015
Great backing from the management team. Exceptional training to achieve targets and obtain monthly bonuses. A lot of room for growth and education. Overall a well balanced and fun work environment.
No benefits
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJune 15, 2015
A generally dull place to work. If you're lucky enough to be on the only outbound campaign its not terrible. Management doesn't seem to enjoy their job. If they paid more or offered benefits it would be a much happier work environment.
fun work place
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 14, 2015
great place to work. had lots of fun building up rapport with customers but at the same time keeping things very professional to represent the bank of nova scotia
Sales quota driven
Customer Contact Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
I worked part time as a telemarketer. Gained great sales experience and training on the products provided. My manager was great and really encouraging, despite the work conditions. Hardest part is customer responses, but I handled them well. Have to have a backbone for this job!
Pros
Decent break and people easy to work with
Cons
Sales driven
interacting and very team oriented dynamic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  customer service repMay 4, 2015
A typical day at Optima is hectic. The phones are non-stop ringing at all times but I love been able to help and assist the customers with all their questions and needs. I have learned that patience goes a long way, constructive feedback is not to be taken as a negative barrier, it just means their is room for improvement and keeping the customer happy is a must. The hardest part of the job is when I am not able to answer a question at the present moment for the client, but I always will research and find the solution that they need. Management was amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving the customers the satisfaction that they want.
Available upon request.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 4, 2015
Verification Agent(French/Spanish/English)
Kroll Background Screening
Duties: Translate all conversation and written verbatim on candidates files, verify education and employment, data entry, organize phone meetings, faxing, emailing
Very friendly and productive place to work.
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at Optima Communications was to communicate with members of the public via telephone about the importance of obtaining insurance.
I've learnt that the way in which we communicate to others reflects on our ability to get our message across, in order to be efficient and effective in a business place.
Pros
Free Lunches as incentives.
Productive Workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Whitby, OntarioMarch 17, 2015
The team at optima are a group of dedicated individuals who do their best to inform company members of special, offers, promos etc.
Fun workplace, harsh hours
Outbound Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Whitby ON.February 24, 2015
It was a nice job for the time being.
A typical day at work consisted of going to work, sitting down at a chair and waiting for the ring of a phone to pitch what I was selling.
I learned that a nice way of speaking and patience can get you a long way in this type of business.
My fellow employees were awesome, couldnt find and better group of people to spend a portion of the day with.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get over how I was bothering people on their time and then having them get irrate with me was too much to handle for the greater portion of my day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks, you have to be a nice person to tal kto everyone you have to for a job like this so i met some really nice people.
Pros
breaks
Cons
sitting down all day minus breaktime
Exciting work place
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
I used to do cold calling.
I sold critical illness insurance to these clients.
I convinced them on the features, advantages and benefits.
I ensured 25 confirmed sales per week.
Pros
nice downtown location
Cons
less salary and no benefits
Always Productive and Positive environment
Customer Care and Billing / Admin (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON, CanadaFebruary 3, 2015
Very productive workplace and fun working with co-workers with positive environment. Hardest part of the job was work load after holidays or vacation. Great management and great co-workers to work with. Most enjoyable part is when we have team lunches.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
long work hours