Optima Communications

Available upon request.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TorontoMay 4, 2015
Verification Agent(French/Spanish/English)
Kroll Background Screening
Duties: Translate all conversation and written verbatim on candidates files, verify education and employment, data entry, organize phone meetings, faxing, emailing
Very friendly and productive place to work.
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches as incentives.
A typical day at Optima Communications was to communicate with members of the public via telephone about the importance of obtaining insurance.
I've learnt that the way in which we communicate to others reflects on our ability to get our message across, in order to be efficient and effective in a business place.
Productive Workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Whitby, OntarioMarch 17, 2015
The team at optima are a group of dedicated individuals who do their best to inform company members of special, offers, promos etc.
Fun workplace, harsh hours
Outbound Telemarketer (Former Employee), Whitby ON.February 24, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: sitting down all day minus breaktime
It was a nice job for the time being.
A typical day at work consisted of going to work, sitting down at a chair and waiting for the ring of a phone to pitch what I was selling.
I learned that a nice way of speaking and patience can get you a long way in this type of business.
My fellow employees were awesome, couldnt find and better group of people to spend a portion of the day with.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get over how I was bothering people on their time and then having them get irrate with me was too much to handle for the greater portion of my day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks, you have to be a nice person to tal kto everyone you have to for a job like this so i met some really nice people.
Exciting work place
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: nice downtown location
Cons: less salary and no benefits
I used to do cold calling.
I sold critical illness insurance to these clients.
I convinced them on the features, advantages and benefits.
I ensured 25 confirmed sales per week.
Always Productive and Positive environment
Customer Care and Billing / Admin (Former Employee), Whitby, ON, CanadaFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: long work hours
Very productive workplace and fun working with co-workers with positive environment. Hardest part of the job was work load after holidays or vacation. Great management and great co-workers to work with. Most enjoyable part is when we have team lunches.
Not very good moral support, actually heard management say to "thier" coleagues, how long do you think these ones will last.
A/R Administrator (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: transportation
Cons: management (army)
Very prejudice. Army regiment not required in the requirements listed. Almost, forbidden to use washroom, unless you put your hand up!!! What modern of the world are we living in???!!
Good work atmosphere and good managers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: easy work atmospehere
Cons: long hours on phone
Learnt to talk and convince people of different walks of life.
long hours of talking on the phone.
learnt the art of selling
Optima
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 4, 2014
Working at Optima one gets to work and goes immediately to the phones. Team Leaders are someties available to assist with issues and help improve in any areas. KNowing your ptoduct is important.
Great team work
Customer Contact Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sunday shifts
Good support manager with a friendly support staff. Had to meet daily sales goals.
The hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2014
Most days I get in early so I can prepare myself and be ready for the daily calls. On a typical day last week, we had a late change from management on a campaign. I was asked to put in more hours in order to achieve the objectives of the campaign. We are measured by our sales quotas; as well as the quality of our calls; hence I cannot afford to slack even for a day because you are measured on a day to day basis; on how you perform each day
Decent pay
None of your business (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 20, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no benefits for long term employees and no room for growth once you hit the ceiling that's it.
Overall it's an ok place to work. Good people.decent pay. Good location for me. Free parking.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2014
In a typical day, I learn more about the costs of electricity and other services associated with a Toronto based utility service provider. My co workers are great to work with and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the one on one interaction with customers, and being able to assist them be it by providing general information or making a correction on, or helping them better understand their electricity bills.
o.k. place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2014
telephone sales. inbound and out bound sales. fixed shift.
Good call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
Somewhat enjoyable work helping people with hydro accounts. Nice people, supportive management, low pay.

Company is focused on speed, as per client requirements, and not necessarily customer needs.
It is pleasant and freindly working environment both for experienced and new commers
Customer contact representative (Current Employee), whitbyNovember 4, 2013
Optima communications is great place to work for someone aspiring a career in call centre. It is customer and client driven enviroment which teaches how to balance between both to excel in the job.
Its was great fun at workplace everyday almost. As I enjoyed the interaction with the customers over phone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2013
Good to be in the company and i have learnt to communicate in good english by interaction with different kinds of customers
the management was fantastic. Always cooperative
Co workers were awesome and we great to know about.
Hardest part was to reach the weekly target very very rarely.
the most enjoyable part is interaction with customers and to reply for their n number of queries regarding the product.
I do not recommend working here
Customer Contact Representative (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJune 3, 2013
Cons: not enough hours
Summary says it all, training is inadequate, hours can change without notice, most management doesnt care about their employees.
Less than satisfactory work experience
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: telesales experience, good staff.
Cons: it's telesales.
It's a shame that the staff on some campaigns are so sweet, and my supervisors for half of my time at Optima were fabulous. The work is telesales (I wasn't expecting the world), however I never received a 'full time' position even though I was hired on to be, and I was shuffled around and told to learn new campaigns entirely and separated from my team not even a week out of training.

There is no job security, no benefits, and some possibilities of doing well if you can sell your brother his own sneaker first. All of which I expected from a telesales position, however being shorted on all of my pay cheques, and promised a wage I never received leaves a sour taste. The upper management don't care who you are, even if you're making thousands of dollars for their clients.
Energy Driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: free coffe and doughnuts every weekend
Cons: always enjoy long hours given to me
Its fun t work with different people from different cultures
I learnt how to serve customers in more manageable way
Co-workers always appreciates me , because I give them a helping hand in something's that they don't understand sometimes when it comes to dealing with a customer over the phone.
The hardest part of my job is when a co-worker doesn't like me, it really gets me nervous.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I provide the bet customer service to customers and they rate me high. And getting the employee of the month award. It boosts my energy to work harder.