Optima Communications international Inc Employee Reviews

Great work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
No room for advancement, great co workers helps to balance the every day problems encountered. Pay raises are based on performance by company's standards, which are then reduced at any time for there lack of.
former employee, whitby
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON31 May 2016
I found working with optima good, but if you even drop in quality of work, you are let go. no job security, as they will fire you, and no coaching. salary not that great, and nice people to work with though. if you have any issues in learning, stay away, as they will let you go really fast. found a really good job now so I left
Pros
great co workers
Cons
low pay
The perfect inbetween job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Extremely boring you are not aloud paper of any kind so you just sit at your desk all day bored. High unrealistic expectations at time from management. This job is only good if you're retired and want easy extra money or a student who doesn't care what the do but just want to get paid.
boring and dreadful job, but the employees were very kind/fun.
Customer Service Representative - Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2016
this job was horrible in every possible way. the only reason i stayed longer than 3 months was because of the people i ended up meeting there. THE ACTUALLY JOB WAS TO SELL INSURANCE TO EXSITING CUSTOMERS AND IT WASN'T EASY AT ALL. YOU GOT SHOUTED ON AT LEAST TWICE A DAY.
Pros
employees
Cons
long hours non-flexible hours, two faced managers, THE JOB ITSELF.
Great co workers, yearly company gatherings.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
A typical day of work at Optima Communications includes inbound calls from customers regarding account activation,bills and fieldwork inquiries.
I've learned the value of instructing and informing customers to consume electricity more efficiently.
Management are supportive, co workers create positive environment.
Hardest part dealing with disgruntled customers and properly rectify issues and errors.
The most enjoyable part of the job was handling customer accounts and learning various ways to properly manage a Toronto Hydro accounts.
Pros
Personable managers
Cons
Not enough opportunities to advance
Competitive Fast Paced workplace
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 June 2016
a typical day at work involves plenty of phone calls and opportunities to help customers as best I can. The most enjoyable part about the job is the team aspect of it. My department is a very cohesive group including the management team as well. the hardest part of the job is just the repetitiveness of it. after a while you find that time tends to move slowly after doing the same thing all day long.
the perfect inbetween job
Customer Contact Agent (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 June 2016
Pros
You're able to leave the house
Cons
a lot of favoritism with management
Less than satisfactory work experience
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 March 2013
It's a shame that the staff on some campaigns are so sweet, and my supervisors for half of my time at Optima were fabulous. The work is telesales (I wasn't expecting the world), however I never received a 'full time' position even though I was hired on to be, and I was shuffled around and told to learn new campaigns entirely and separated from my team not even a week out of training.

There is no job security, no benefits, and some possibilities of doing well if you can sell your brother his own sneaker first. All of which I expected from a telesales position, however being shorted on all of my pay cheques, and promised a wage I never received leaves a sour taste. The upper management don't care who you are, even if you're making thousands of dollars for their clients.
Pros
telesales experience, good staff.
Cons
it's telesales.
interesting
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
it is what it is. I done have much of a review due to they have a bad habit to demote agents.
they could work better with the reps
need to have benefits and offer 40 hours
convienient
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. The people were very friendly and I developed a good healthy work relationship with my colleagues very quickly..
Pros
prime location
Cons
poor benefit package
Optima Review
Inbound Senior Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2013
Organized weekly sales reports for clients to track product success
Assisted customers via email/telephone. Managed a wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Coaching and scheduling.

The Management was always available.

My co-workers were excellent and we still stay in contact.

I had to carry a cell phone and emergencies were always occurring during my off time.

Customer satisfaction.
Pros
excellent benefits
Stifling and Oppressive Environment
Business Unit Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2012
Poor treatment of employees, very low wages, excessive workloads, lack of support or protection for employees. Employees are subjected to segregation and bullying by some of the company's executives and management and the President seems to ignore if not condone this behaviour.

There is very little room for growth or creativity. The salary levels are some of the lowest in the industry and management is pressured to color the truth when clients (outsource partners) ask about agent salary levels.
Cons
unsupportive, stifling environment
Easy Work, Boring Work
Outbound Customer Contact Agent (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 January 2016
Training is very thorough. If you pass the test given after training, they expect you to meet that standard for every call that you make. It takes about a week to get comfortable with the script.

If you work at the Whitby Office. they value your call quality a lot more than sales e.g. if you consistently get a 60% in quality and you meet quota, they will let you go [you need 80% average]

Management is great, they always try to help you out to succeed. However be wary of their payment system. They don't pay you for the hours you're at work, they pay you for the hours you spend on the phones. That means you should come in on time, leave on time, and never pass the time given for breaks and lunches if you want to get paid properly
Pros
Great management and colleages. Easy sit-down work
Cons
Boring job. High turnover due to colleagues quitting. Annoying Payment system
No benefits
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 June 2015
A generally dull place to work. If you're lucky enough to be on the only outbound campaign its not terrible. Management doesn't seem to enjoy their job. If they paid more or offered benefits it would be a much happier work environment.
Fun place if you like the IDEA of call centers
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 June 2015
Strict sales, and time limit. The training was great and very informational, but the turn over rate was way too high for my likings. Telephone sales are hard enough.
Pros
Benefits, Great Pay, Teams
Cons
Stress, crunch to make sales, no privacy
Productive Call Centre
Customer Service/Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2016
Log in from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Two 15 minutes breaks throughout the day and 30 minutes unpaid lunch break which are scheduled for you.
Exciting work place
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2015
I used to do cold calling.
I sold critical illness insurance to these clients.
I convinced them on the features, advantages and benefits.
I ensured 25 confirmed sales per week.
Pros
Nice downtown location
Cons
Less salary and no benefits
Decent pay
None of your business (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 July 2014
Overall it's an ok place to work. Good people.decent pay. Good location for me. Free parking.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No benefits for long term employees and no room for growth once you hit the ceiling that's it.
productive workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
regular 8 hours shift with scheduled lunches and breaks. Positive support from team members and the company owner is always on site
Pros
fundraising and good team spirit
Cons
elevators are slow
Energy Driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2013
Its fun t work with different people from different cultures
I learnt how to serve customers in more manageable way
Co-workers always appreciates me , because I give them a helping hand in something's that they don't understand sometimes when it comes to dealing with a customer over the phone.
The hardest part of my job is when a co-worker doesn't like me, it really gets me nervous.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I provide the bet customer service to customers and they rate me high. And getting the employee of the month award. It boosts my energy to work harder.
Pros
free coffe and doughnuts every weekend
Cons
always enjoy long hours given to me

2.6