Web Application Software Developer
Optelian is a trusted designer and manufacturer of optical transport systems. The company has been proudly serving some of the world’s largest network operators since 2002. The company’s portfolio of optical solutions enables telecom, multi-service operator (MSO), utility and enterprise customers to expand their fiber capacity so they can increase revenue and cost-effectiveness.
Web Application software developer with experience developing web applications based on current web technologies and standards.
- Develop and maintain a next generation highly available web application for managing high speed optical networks.
- Actively participate in the architecture and design of the application.
- Work across the entire web application tiers including the web browser user interface, the server side framework and the data store (i.e. database).
- Recommend web-based technologies which provide facilities for a best-in-class web application and increase the overall productivity of the development team.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline with relevant software development experience.
- Superior software development experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Java and/or Scala.
- Web application framework experience (i.e. Play!, Lift, Spring, ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails, Django, Grails, Google Web Toolkit…)
- Experience with user interface (UI) design and development.
- Ability to navigate the dynamic and innovative world of web-based technologies.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly productive and self-motivated.
- Desire for continual learning.
- HTML5 experience.
- Relational database knowledge and related technologies (i.e. SQL).
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems and/or Element Management Systems.
- SNMP, MPLS or Carrier Ethernet
- Knowledge of optical telecommunications (DWDM/OTN/SONET/Ethernet).
- Software security including authentication and authorization.
- NoSQL experience (i.e. MongoDB).
- Other programming languages: Python, C#, Groovy, C, C++.
Indeed - 20 months ago