Optelian designs, manufactures, and delivers optical networking solutions that address the growing demand for bandwidth to service business and personal communications. Optelian’s LightGAIN and LightMUX portfolios provide optical infrastructure, CWDM and DWDM networking, as well as wavelength and packet service delivery functionality in modular platforms that are cost-effective, highly reliable, and easy to deploy and manage.
Optelian’s R&D and manufacturing facility is in Ottawa, with US corporate offices in Marietta, GA supporting a global customer base of service providers, multi-service operators, utilities, and enterprise customers.
Optelian’s Marketing team has an immediate opportunity for a Creative Designer. In this role, the individual will be responsible for the development of the overall look and feel of Optelian’s image to prospects, customers, and the market. The role will provide in-house creative development capabilities for a broad range of efforts including product launches, solution campaigns, collateral development, portfolio/corporate brochures, print and online advertising, direct marketing efforts, as well as designing other visual business elements, such as tradeshow backdrops.
The Creative Designer will work very closely with team members including those within product marketing, corporate marketing, customer documentation, and product management organizations to understand their creative needs, develop graphical and technical illustrations, and address and assist with the layout and publishing of marketing-oriented collateral. The Creative Designer will also be responsible for the management of Optelian’s overall marketing collateral library.
- Provide innovative, eye-catching advertising and direct marketing materials (web and print)
- Primary ownership of the marketing collateral library, ensuring the collateral is up-to-date and readily available to Optelian employees, customers, and prospects
- End-to-end ownership of the creative development process including: gathering requirements through consultative interactions, providing concepts and delivering the creative elements that maintain a consistent look and feel for web, print, and other aspects required by Optelian’s marketing organizations
- Create templates and provide layout and publishing of technical, product, and solutions content to deliver high-calibre marketing collateral
- Develop motion-based web promotional and advertising visuals that link to webpages that educate the viewer on—and drive lead generation for—Optelian’s products and solutions
- Grow and maintain a product icon set, vector-based hardware illustrations, and photography for effective representation of Optelian’s products that are used by internal teams to illustrate network plans, configurations, and provide portfolio training
- Coordinate with 3rd parties including online research- and media-aggregation web companies, printing companies, professional photographers, and other contractors to deliver the corporate, product, and solution marketing end product
- Provide the administration and operation of e-mail marketing software and contact lists to support outbound direct marketing campaigns
- Monitor market trends and identify new means to market and advertise for Optelian
The successful candidate will possess:
- An advertising/graphic design diploma, or degree, or similar formal training
- One to five years’ experience through full-time, freelance, or co-op/internship employment
- Experience with appropriate current graphic design software tools (ie: Adobe Creative Suite) and motion development tools (Flash or Premier/After Effects)
- Experience with or knowledge of mobile marketing and design to support campaigns and information access on smartphones and other mobile devices
- The ability to understand requirements, synthesize needs, and illustrate the end product by designing rough layouts incorporating size, style, colour and related aesthetic concepts to ensure the end deliverable meets the request
- Strong project management skills coupled with an attention to detail and the ability to execute on multiple priorities and meet project timelines
- An ability to analyse campaign outcomes or results using appropriate metrics to identify success (or failure) and the company’s return on investment; synthesize the results and recommend changes to ensure and/or improve future success
- The ability to work in a collaborative work environment with cross-functional teams
- Website development and direct email software experience are an asset
Please provide a link to your online portfolio or attach a summary if available
Indeed - 2 years ago