Opex Corporation Employee Reviews

Everything about this company is great
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJ3 December 2016
As i said in the Summary everything is great at this company no negatives just simply a great company to work for. Great management and great employees.
Pros
Everything Great
Great Place to work
REGIONAL SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  California1 September 2016
Great company to work for that has excellent Corporate Principles.
Values it employees and customer. Continues to adapt to the market place to insure growth.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Field Service Technician - Great Entry Level Job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA27 November 2015
Install, maintain, and repair high speed mail sorting, opening, and scanning equipment. Maintained inventory, take service calls throughout day.

Co-workers became friends. Made the job very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is that since mail services are going away and people are paying on-line, job security is not there anymore. I was laid off because customer moved all operations out of state and consolidated. Technology did not really change, and product knowledge was pretty pointed. There is no advancement unless you may want to move to corporate offices in NJ. I have been an FST since day one till I was laid off 14 years later.

I loved my coworkers, operators, and the health benefits. My boss was great. Maintained the 3 Minute Manager rule and we saw him only once per month. Just when it came to review time he was very subjective. We had tech support and was very easy to get parts to fix machines. It was a tight ship. Training was awesome too.
Pros
Great benefits, co-workers.
Cons
Customer controls your work schedule, Customer driven, no advancement opportunities.
Great Products and opportunity to make great money depending on territory
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJ3 July 2014
Good people to work with, good products and good customers. Industry is evolving and company is working to adapt product lines so as not to become irrelevant.

The quality of the job is totally dependent on the territory. This applies to work/life balance, income potential and status within organization.
Pros
Management actually cares about employees.
Cons
Almost no potential for advancement, income based on territory rather than skills or effort, travel can be extensive
A nice family oriented company with a strong belief in the church.
Field Engineer / Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJ22 June 2012
I really nice company with a strong structure. Management is easy to work with. Of course the only downfall is I was laid off with no explanation. If your regional manager calls you out of the blue for breakfast, chances are the AX is swinging.
Pros
grown up work ethic.
Cons
speak your mind, management will come down on you swiftly.
Be prepared to travel.
Mechanical Engineer / Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY19 May 2014
Management won't stand up for you against customers. Your always wrong if the customer complains. I had rumors and stories made up about me just because I could finish repairing a Capital machine in there time frame.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Great company to work for.
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Moorestown18 January 2013
I absolutely love Opex, one of the best places I have ever worked.. They treat you as if you were family. I have a wonderful manager, I do not have anyone looking over my shoulder, and the hours and benefits are great.
benefits
Cons
cubicle
Opex is a well managed company with friendly people.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJ9 April 2014
I learned team work at opex as well as how to get along with other employees.
Pros
Learned how to read asembly drawings and blue-prints.
Cons
Long comute to work.
The worst company I ever worked for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, United-Kingdom7 May 2012
Working at OPEX Corporation was the worst experience of my live and I will always regret the day I joined this company.

I would like to advise any future applicant not to believe their claim that "OPEX management never laid-off anybody". I am certainly here to witness that I was unfairly dismissed by OPEX Corporation and over the 2 years that worked there I saw many other people being ruthlessly terminated.

I was personally called by my manager to his office and asked to handover my resignation, which is illegal. As I would not agree to my own termination, I received threat that OPEX would find another way to terminate my employment. A month after this meeting I received, a letter stating that my role had been made redundant.

After terminating my employment, OPEX Corporation refused to pay salaries and commission and withheld my money for almost 2 year. I only received the payments that I was owed after taking the company to Court.

Here are a few things that you should consider before taking any employment at OPEX Corporation:

- bullying culture
- managing by threat
- express a basic opinion and your job is at stake
- total disregard for their employees, customers and partners
- total disregard for any employment law
- they won't pay you when terminating your employment
- they will ask you for lots of references prior to offering employment, but they won't give you any.
- they're greedy, vicious and treat their employees as commodities
- consider yourself lucky if you survive 1 year at OPEX (even if you are extremely successful).
Pros
Cons
bullying culture, total lack of ethic, employees treated lack commodities, total disregard for employment law.