Opex Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Products and opportunity to make great money depending on territory
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJJuly 3, 2014
Pros: management actually cares about employees.
Cons: almost no potential for advancement, income based on territory rather than skills or effort, travel can be extensive
Good people to work with, good products and good customers. Industry is evolving and company is working to adapt product lines so as not to become irrelevant.

The quality of the job is totally dependent on the territory. This applies to work/life balance, income potential and status within organization.
Be prepared to travel.
Mechanical Engineer / Field Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: management
Management won't stand up for you against customers. Your always wrong if the customer complains. I had rumors and stories made up about me just because I could finish repairing a Capital machine in there time frame.
Opex is a well managed company with friendly people.
Machinist (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJApril 9, 2014
Pros: learned how to read asembly drawings and blue-prints.
Cons: long comute to work.
I learned team work at opex as well as how to get along with other employees.
Great company to work for.
Accounting (Current Employee), MoorestownJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: cubicle
I absolutely love Opex, one of the best places I have ever worked.. They treat you as if you were family. I have a wonderful manager, I do not have anyone looking over my shoulder, and the hours and benefits are great.
A nice family oriented company with a strong belief in the church.
Field Engineer / Field Technician (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJJune 22, 2012
Pros: grown up work ethic.
Cons: speak your mind, management will come down on you swiftly.
I really nice company with a strong structure. Management is easy to work with. Of course the only downfall is I was laid off with no explanation. If your regional manager calls you out of the blue for breakfast, chances are the AX is swinging.
The worst company I ever worked for
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, United-KingdomMay 7, 2012
Pros: -
Cons: bullying culture, total lack of ethic, employees treated lack commodities, total disregard for employment law.
Working at OPEX Corporation was the worst experience of my live and I will always regret the day I joined this company.

I would like to advise any future applicant not to believe their claim that "OPEX management never laid-off anybody". I am certainly here to witness that I was unfairly dismissed by OPEX Corporation and over the 2 years that worked there I saw many other people being ruthlessly terminated.

I was personally called by my manager to his office and asked to handover my resignation, which is illegal. As I would not agree to my own termination, I received threat that OPEX would find another way to terminate my employment. A month after this meeting I received, a letter stating that my role had been made redundant.

After terminating my employment, OPEX Corporation refused to pay salaries and commission and withheld my money for almost 2 year. I only received the payments that I was owed after taking the company to Court.

Here are a few things that you should consider before taking any employment at OPEX Corporation:

- bullying culture
- managing by threat
- express a basic opinion and your job is at stake
- total disregard for their employees, customers and partners
- total disregard for any employment law
- they won't pay you when terminating your employment
- they will ask you for lots of references prior to offering employment, but they won't give you any.
- they're greedy, vicious and treat their employees as commodities
- consider yourself lucky if you survive 1 year at OPEX (even if you are extremely successful).