OpenText Employee Reviews

Worked in a fun and productive development department.
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 October 2015
Assisting all managers and their respective teams with daily administrative duties including arranging travel, conferences, meetings and presentations, all department purchases, events planning, trainings etc. Managing inventory and office supplies. Smooth onboarding of new employees.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Constant restructuring leads to low employee moral
Great software solutions provided to great companies
Account Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 October 2015
Great company to work for with many perks. Incredible success story for OpenText. Being so big and in so many locations, however, it was easy to lose touch with management and productive suggestions were very difficult to have implemented. Flexible work hours but the sight of flexibility in how one was allowed to perform meaningful work was unfortunately lost.
Pros
Great benefits and perks
Cons
Tough to connect with management.
Good Company to Work For
Program Manager, Premier Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 August 2015
It was a fun and positive work place with supportive management, it wasn't all about the numbers but how you personally grow and developed. As the company grew along with aggressive changes, the numbers started to really matter and everyone was competing for raises or a promotion but this is expected of a big company. My day to day job was challenging with lots to do but in an exciting way as it kept me motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and continuously learned from them.
Pros
Fun social events to show employee appreciation
Cons
Long hours, harder to get raises or a promotion due to company reorganization
A large, global organization providing opportunities for personal growth.
Supervisor, Shared Services Renewals Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 August 2015
As Open Text continues to grow, the employees are able to gain incredible knowledge of other countries, cultures, and work environments.
Excellent place to work
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo,ON4 June 2015
This is a excellent place to work. One of the best companies in company to work. At OpenText I configure and maintain Content Server 10 - 10.5.x. I like the team I work with.
Good benefits, long vacation
Product specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2015
Good benefits, long vacation, medical insurance.
Sometimes work from home. Good team. Managers not so competent.
I used a lot of technologies like: PHP, Java and .NET
A great place to start your professional career with amazing people
Renewals Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2014
- Good Work Environment, Work/Life balance
- Stable company with good products
- Friendly People

Advice to Senior Management – Be more transparent with your strategy for the company. Many employees walk around afraid of layoffs due to the perpetual "growth by acquisition" model.
Pros
Pros – Casual atmosphere, friendly people, good exposure to tech
Cons
Cons – Really poor benefits. Lack of formal performance reviews.
Very bad culture, no task / job security
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 April 2014
Managers are there because of long standing relations with few powerful people. They do not have knowledge, they do not nurture or provide training to team// people.

Managers put the blame of their failure on juniors very easily
Highly conspicuous by its high labour turn over due to hiring-firing policy, so If you have job then do not leave your existing job to join this company. Acquired too many companies, so they try different people all the time from various entities without giving enough training and time and spoil the job/ tasks.
Pros
freebies- 10 types of tea and 6 types of coffee and Starbucks coffee
Cons
no role clarity, no mentoring, - who pays freebies? certainly it is from savings of those employees who are poorly paid
Very professional environment with Hard workers
Procurement and Renewal Analyst (Former Employee) –  ottawa22 October 2013
This was an awesome place to work, however it was a time for change. Everyone works as hard as they play.
Excellent company to work for
FDDG Sales Support/Finance (Former Employee) –  Waterloo20 August 2013
I gained much experience and knowledge from the Open Text culture and I am now looking to expand on that.
Enjoyable with leadership skill
Finance Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario7 August 2013
Processed wide-world employees commissions calculations, and completed the AP process of cost associated to commissions’ payments. Prepared JEs and global accounts reconciliation with multiple currencies. Analyzed financial /commissions data and request from internal departments and manager, contributed to statistical, financial and accounting reports, and coordinated year-end activities for internal/ external auditors. Led on various team projects. This job was prepared me strong in Excel and worked with a large data and knowledgeable on the company policies & plan provisions. It developed my communications services skill, and continued improvement, but also built up my leadership. I have enjoyed my work every single day and willing to help my co-workers.
Progressive International Workplace
Senior Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 July 2013
Open Text is a very acquisitive company, so internal procedures and processes are constantly changing to confirm with new lines of business.
Great co-works and benefits
Renewals Specialist/Reference Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 July 2013
This company, my department, had a great work life balance and fantastic team and co-workers. It was a very collaborative and team based environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Great company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2013
Great company to work for, and great team
Fast pace env, which you learn from
great co workers
Great place to work - just too far from home.
Senior Legal Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 August 2012
I worked there on a contract as a legal assistant/consultant in the law department. I was hired to train myself and others in creating a new corporate database. Management and my co-workers were wonderful. I worked with very minimal supervision and had my own office.
Pros
freedom and independence to do a great job.
Cons
richmond hill and oakville are too far apart to commute.
Chalenging Workplace, good benefits plan
Intermediate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 July 2012
Chalenging Workplace, good benefits plan, allways something to learn/study, very attractive for young employees
Fun place to work with a diverse community
Real Estate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 July 2012
Excellent Employer
Excellent work environment
Supportive Managers to lead a successive career path
Extensive Training