Position: Full Time
Location: Toronto (downtown)
DEPARTMENT: Technical Services
The Systems Network Engineer will report to the Manager, Network Engineering and work under the general direction of the Global Network Services Management team. The designation of this job is to be responsible for the smooth operation and monitoring of the 24x7 production and non-production networks. They ensure that its corporate mission by taking responsibility for getting the job done on time while exceeding internal and external customer’s expectations.
The Systems Network Engineer is responsible for delivering superior prioritized support of critical and supplementary systems in a timely responsible manner as directed by management, and the procedures and policies of the company. And be willing to test and implement a diverse range of preferred technologies in support of company objectives. They must be able to work under direction, as part of a team, or independently, as required in execution of any given task. An ability to identify the scope of tasks and problems as they arise, assigning relevant priority to resolving issues by taking them to their final conclusion is essential.
Must possess an exceptional capacity to integrate with different teams to achieve required goals. Provide and accept technical direction and support of other system users, customer or employee, with particular recognition of individual skill-sets. This position is in a fast pace work environment with a large volume of problem logs, minimal supervision and tight deadlines.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Network Support (60%):
- Classify, Investigate, diagnose and resolve end-user problems.
- Take ownership of identified problem. Follow up with service provider or hardware vendor. Propose solution to mitigate identified problem in the future. Communicate back to Problem Management Team.
- Close identified problem with Problem Management Team and send confirmation to Client Services or relevant internal department
- Respond on all Network related service request.
- Assist L1 and other Technical Service (TS) Departments with troubleshooting
- Working with Remedy Ticketing system to complete assigned tickets or service requests.
- Update current documentation if any configuration changes are done during troubleshooting process.
- Network Monitoring (20%)
- Immediately act on Network alarms. Investigate, diagnose and resolve Network problems.
- Provide Security and Network analysis based on weekly and monthly firewall and bandwidth utilization reports
- Constantly review Network health and propose Network improvement to increase Network availability.
- Network Design (20%)
- Working with PMO office as a Network designer for different projects
- Manage Day to Day issues along with Long Term project deliverables.
- Promptly updating PM on all assigned projects
- Provide Network design documentation or update existing documentation
- Required to travel between Offices for Business Purposes.
- All L2/L3 Engineers are on call 7 days x 24 hours x 365 days. They will be required to carry a cell phone.
Basic Skill Level Requirements
- A degree in computer science or related field, or diploma with relevant experience.
- An expert understanding of dynamic routing protocols with a minimum of 2 years experience design and implementation of RIP v.2 , OSPF and BGP.
- Strong understanding of interconnectivity between Enterprise network and MPLS service provider. Strong Working knowledge of BGP protocol
- Comprehensive understanding of Network layout: WAN, LAN, DMZ
- Strong understanding high network availability
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Understanding 7 Layer OSI model.
- Must have working experience with a Protocol Analyzers/ Sniffers.
- Must have strong knowledge of TCP/IP stack.
- Strong documentation skills. Working experience of writing Network documentation in Word, Excel and Visio.
- Strong working knowledge with:
o Cisco router and switches
o Cisco firewalls: ASA, PIX
* Working knowledge with Check Point firewalls (Nokia and Check Point appliances)
o F5 Load Balancers AAA : TACACS servers, SSH v2,
o SSL Certificates process
o Protocol analyzers, packet capturing and traces,
o Network and System Monitoring SNMP V1, V2 & V3.
- Minimum of five years previous data networking experience.
- Cisco certification (or relevant vendor certifications)
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- VoIP experience.
- Experience with electronic trading systems
- Network Security experience: IPS/IDS
- Project management foundation Presentation training
- Service oriented and Works well within a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with team as well departments.
- Intuitive problem solving and analytical problem solving qualities.
- Ability to work with customers and 3rd party vendors for implementations and resolving issues.
OpenTrust Consulting is a privately held Professional Services firm focusing on, and specializing in, providing top talent to the...