OpenMedia is an award-winning grassroots group that fights for the possibilities of the open Internet. We empower people to participate in Internet governance through fresh and engaging citizen campaigns. We’re changing the face of digital policy by activating the largest online supporter base in Canada, and bringing the global pro-Internet community together through the newly launched OpenMedia International.
As an organization, OpenMedia is at a crucial point in its development. With the game-changing success of the last two years, our support base has grown exponentially; we are looking for someone capable of planning and executing grassroots mobilization strategies to bring in resources, and to help people feel more connected to us, our work, and the global Internet freedom movement.
In collaboration with OpenMedia’s Supporter Engagement team, the Donor Relations Specialist plays a key strategic and supportive role in our organization, working from our office in Vancouver, BC (strongly preferred) or remotely. The chosen candidate:
- Focuses on strengthening and expanding our OpenMedia Allies program for monthly giving. Experiments and uses data effectively in order to ensure we’re seizing all new supporter engagement opportunities. Regularly proposes and executes new activities for cultivating and acquiring Allies. Introduces new tools & techniques as required, and spearheads effective management of these tools (including Salesforce CRM).
- Plans and manages donor drives (including telefundraising campaigns), and our stewardship efforts in coordination with the Supporter Engagement Team. Recruits and manages volunteers and contractors to ensure successful acquisition and retention.
- Develops and hones knowledge of our supporter base – builds relationships with our donors, and ensures two-way communication between donors & the core OpenMedia team. Engages our community in fundraising efforts by designing them to maximize the connections made between supporters and our work.
- Ensures smooth transactions between OpenMedia and our supporters – manages our Development Coordinator in carrying out daily tasks (e.g. gift processing, Salesforce CRM administration, calling to follow up with active/inactive monthly donors).
- Assists with business and organizational fundraising (e.g. securing matching funds for online fundraising initiatives), as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years experience working in fund development and/or communications. Experience in non-profit and social-mission sector organizations an asset.
- Post-secondary education in events management, fundraising, communications, public relations, or equivalent; or equivalent work experience.
- Passion for the open Internet.
- Knowledge of traditional and online fundraising principles and tools. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM a key asset.
- Strategic thinker with a vision for the development of a rapidly growing and changing organization.
- Quick learner, able to grasp new tools, trends and technologies quickly and thoroughly. Able to learn and use OpenMedia’s existing tools, as well as suggest and employ new tools.
- Flexible work style: able to work with complete autonomy, to manage a team – whatever the project requires.
- We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal persons, women, LGBTQIA-identified persons, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Three-month contract with strong possibility of permanent position. $4000+ per month, based on experience.
Please send us your complete CV with your name as the title of the document. Do not include an attached cover letter – simply include a few lines about your passion for this work in the body of the email.
Indeed - 12 months ago