Our passion is empowering our clients.
OpenLink Agribusiness Solutions Group (dbc SMARTsoftware) is a leading supplier of software solutions for commodities management clients around the world. The SMARTsoft suite of products helps producers, processors, manufacturers and traders who buy, sell, hedge, warehouse, merchandize, export, and transform commodities into value-added products and by-products for distribution. Due to continued growth of our SMARTsoft product line, we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our diverse team.
Working with Us
OpenLink is looking for top-tier employees. We realize the key to our success is our ability to attract and motivate great people, giving us the ability to support our customers and business partners, expand our global market reach, and create exciting new solutions.
Working at OpenLink Agribusiness Solutions Group means you are part of a vibrant community of professionals who care about their clients as much as they care about each other. We work closely, sharing knowledge and inspiring each other to learn and grow so that we can continually improve service to our clients.
When you work at OpenLink, you receive benefits that support your health and well-being. Our comprehensive offering was created to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of our staff.
- Start with 3 weeks of vacation – work hard and play hard
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Annual salary reviews
- Support for continued education through access to training and tuition fee reimbursement
- Modern, bright, open concept office located in the Tannery building in downtown Kitchener
- Short walk to cafés, shops and restaurants
- Complimentary coffee, tea, juice and soft drinks
- Easy access to public transportation
- Have some fun in our lounge area and play various games on the Xbox Connect
- Commuter incentive program
- Work from home option
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to help build large scale, robust, business centric applications. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer to work on a sophisticated solution that is leveraging the best technologies on hand. The ideal candidate would have a passion for developing software, be strong in SQL and a hunger to learn new concepts.
- Analysis, design, development, maintenance, testing and support of database driven, windows based applications
- Develop complex SQL queries, stored procedures and views
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a developer
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience developing with PowerBuilder would be an asset
- Experience working for a software company or the agricultural industry would be an asset
- Experience working on large-scale client server applications would be an asset
- Knowledge of day-to-day business processes and accounting would be an asset
- Can manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Results oriented, self-motivated, detailed with strong communication skills
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, OpenLink Agribusiness Solutions Group is committed to a diverse workforce.