Contract position with Government of Canada - Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
Duration: 3 years
Mandatory Requirement: SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
SCOPE OF WORK
The required Technical Architect will assist AAFC with the functioning of the SAP environments and work on small projects to enhance these environments for SAP and related environments, including the architecture and design for the failover environment located in Winnipeg. This includes the architecture, engineering, design, support, testing, documentation and enhancement for the various SAP environments, as well as their relationships with the “near real time” failover capability to Winnipeg. This capability requires ongoing support and enhancement in order to be maintained in a ready state. The required resource will form part of an integrated delivery team with AAFC resources and other contract personnel and service providers, as appropriate to deliver the services.
TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
A part of AAFC’s CAIS Team, the Technical Architect will provide technical expertise in the areas of clustering and failover support for high availability ERP systems at the middleware layer. Anticipated tasks and activities include, but are not limited to:
Reviewing current SAP environments and operations and making recommendations for improvements
Reviewing current SAP failover procedures, environments and operations and making recommendations for improvements
Reviewing current environments for ServiceGuard clustering in consultation with the service providers and making recommendations for improvements in the overall environment, including areas such as storage and backup and failover policy – from an SAP Middleware perspective
Participating in the development of plans, policies and guidelines in support of SAP system operations activities;
Reviewing and enhancing documentation including operational best practices documents and logical and physical layouts;
Providing coaching, mentoring, and knowledge transfer to AAFC staff; and
In addition to the required tasks and/or activities, deliverables (as applicable) will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Design, installation and support documentation for SAP and the related environments with full integration for the two operational environments.
2. Technical evaluation and recommendations for the expansion of the current environments for the use by additional partners in the application hosting environment.
3. Support documentation for the Winnipeg environment and integration with the SAP and other related infrastructures in association with SSC and related external service providers.
4. Advice on improvement in the area of SAP application monitoring at the Middleware layer and related monitoring for the High Availability ERP technical environments.
5. Develop custom scripts and application packages for AAFC’s environment, including clustering stop, start, and failover scripts; and
6. Develop SAP and related troubleshooting procedures, and knowledge transfer of these procedures to team members.
For more information please contact