OARC is currently looking for an enthusiastic and skilled classroom instructor who is passionate about using Speech Generating Devices to provide individuals with a way to communicate. This is .6 position beginning as soon as possible.
Job Description: To support our Equipment Loan Program by delivering the training workshops OARC currently offers on the programming of various iOS apps on our library devices. In addition to that their role would be to expand the type of training workshops being offered to more on-site and on-line workshops to meet the growing demand in Winnipeg and rurally. To participate in the support of the Library of devices by backing up and updating devices as needed.
1. Deliver monthly workshops on the programming of various speech generating apps on the iTouch/iPad.
2. Research, develop and deliver additional workshops in those areas OARC is experiencing a growing demand or need.
3. Develop the necessary framework and implementation of the on-line resources OARC can offer to support those using our services.
4. Promotion of workshops offered and training available through OARC
5. Back up the Equipment Loan Program devices when needed.
6. Contribute feedback to the Executive Director on the delivery of this service
- must have classroom/workshop instruction experience
- must have good working knowledge of the iTouch and iPad technology and operating systems
- familiarity with some of the apps currently used for speech generation
- background in working with students with special needs is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to teach others and communicate effectively
- Strong presence in a classroom setting
- Enthusiastic and comprehensive presentation style
Please send your cover letter and resume via email by:
August 16th, 2013 to
Lori Wiebe, Executive Director
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.