WE are a creative agency with a simple philosophy - be passionate about what you do, and create amazing work. Based in Richmond, BC, Opacity Design Group has been blending strategy, design and technology since 2001. Today, our work for national and international clients spans a full range of initiatives, from branding and identity, to real estate marketing collateral and sales centres, to designing and building award-winning websites and apps for Fortune 500 companies. We do all of this with a small and diverse team of outstanding individuals in a fun, fast-paced, and collaborate workplace. Now we're expanding, and looking to add to our team; that's where you come in.
OPACITY Design Group Ltd is seeking an Entry Level .NET developer to join our team.
No experience is required, however we expect the requirements below to be met from your education/personal projects.
You will be required to produce HTML/CSS templates from provided Photoshop files, create classes / properties / methods, integrate sites with SQL server and develop data models.
Ideal candidate will be new in the industry and is looking to gain experience in a highly creative environment.
- C# language
- Knowledge of fundamental parts of ASP.NET web form websites (Data models, master pages, custom controls, .net controls such as gridview/repeater/etc)
- Experience using Entity Framework or Linq-To-SQL, creating/managing data models, lambda expressions.
- Understanding of MS SQL (Creating databases/tables, using Management Studio)
- Know what JQuery is and how to implement plugins and write basic scripts.
- Great knowledge of HTML, CSS and modern layout techniques.
- Basic photoshop knowledge to be able to produce sites from provided files from our designers.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
Our company provides:
- Young, friendly, professional team
- Position includes medical and dental benefits
- You will learn a lot working with us. This is a great opportunity for growth and you will learn new technologies (jquery mobile, iphone app development, .NET 4.5/Windows 8, Sitefinity) along with best practices including Test-Driven-Design (TDD) and the Repository Pattern.
Salary: $35,000 / year
To apply, send your resume and/or link to your site.
NO Phone calls please. We're very busy.