The Operator is primarily responsible for system operation, quality testing, routine maintenance, water use enforcement, emergency planning and preparedness, and water user communications. The Operator plays a key role in longer term planning to ensure the infrastructure and water volume is adequate to support changing demands over time. In cooperation with the Water System Administrator, the Operator manages the day-to-day business of the OID and is accountable to an elected Board of Trustees.
- The successful candidate will have, or commit to obtain in 3 months, an EOCP Water Distribution – Level 1 certification. The candidate will further have, or commit to obtain in a time sensitive manner, an EOCP Water Distribution – Level 2 certification.
- Accomplished mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- By physically fit and capable of periodic heavy lifting and moderately demanding maintenance activities.
- Available for on-call work in accordance with a predetermined schedule.
For further information on the role, please contact Johnny Strilaeff at 250-365-2100 or Ed Craft at 250-365-0706.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Indeed - 6 months ago
The OID is responsible for sourcing and distributing safe, potable water to the residents of Ootischenia. The system currently consists of...