Ontario Stone, Sand & Gravel Association
Deadline: Friday, March 28, 2014
Are you passionate about communicating with stakeholders who are shaping the future of Ontario’s natural resources? Do you have what it takes to juggle multiple demands and complex discussions? Are you keen to help raise the bar in the work you do? Does working in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment appeal to you? If so, the Ontario Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (OSSGA) invites you to join its team!
As OSSGA’s Communications Manager, you will:
- Support the development of communications materials targeted to OSSGA’s many external stakeholders by working collaboratively with OSSGA specialists in environment, education, policy, legislation, training, development and communications.
- Lead the design and delivery of OSSGA’s biannual magazine, triannual member newsletter and annual membership directory.
- Develop and maintain OSSGA’s web presence including websites and social media platforms.
- Assist in the development and implementation of OSSGA’s annual communications and marketing plan in consultation with the Director of Communications and Marketing and Communications Advisory Board.
- Work with OSSGA’s CEO and staff to develop innovative ways of showcasing the outstanding work of OSSGA’s member companies and engage stakeholders in discussions about Ontario’s resource management challenges and opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, you will work closely with the OSSGA team to support the work of OSSGA’s committees, CEO, staff and member companies.
Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing or a related discipline combined with at least 5 to 7 years of professional experience are essential. Expertise in key communications software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop), web content management systems and social media platforms is required. An understanding of the workings of government, policy and politics is an asset. Above all, the successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and function effectively in a team environment.
OSSGA is a non-profit industry association representing over 280 member companies. The industry is a fundamental part of Ontario’s economic growth and prosperity, and is committed to environmental sustainability through innovation and research.
If you’re interested in a busy, challenging and rewarding career, the OSSGA team would like to hear from you!
Please forward your resume no later than Friday, March 28, 2014.