ONTARIO SPCA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A Dream Unfolding
Cruelty Investigations Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 January 2017
I've always dreamed about working within the Ontario SPCA. However, I feel as though nearly all the employees "behind the scene" so-to-speak are extremely under-valued. It's a shame, because since I've been an employee more than 10 amazing staff members have left - and it's never because of the job or the people we do our jobs with as partners. It's because of the poor treatment from those who don't get their hands dirty in the daily tasks. They watch from afar and set one too many expectations on their management, place multiple job roles on one person yet paying them a salary for the least detailed position they take on.
Love the animals, issues with the managment
Animal Welfare Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 December 2015
Upper management does not treat shelter employees very well. They are rude and unappreciative. Many members of the public are also rude to staff, but having the people who are supposed to be leading you look down on you is what really gets to me. I love the animals, and the people who work in the actual shelter are great. It is the administration that I take issue with.