Headquartered in north Toronto, the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE) is a voluntary professional association, providing advocacy and member services that advance the professional and economic interests of more than 200,000 engineers, engineering students and engineering graduates across Ontario.
As a not-for-profit, member-driven organization, OSPE relies on strong relationships with sponsors and advertisers to support a wide range of valued initiatives on behalf of the engineering profession. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Relationship Manager is responsible for developing and nurturing sponsor and advertiser relationships, from identifying prospects to connecting with leads to closing sales. Following the sale, the Relationship Manager works with each OSPE partner to maintain, grow and evolve these key relationships.
This is a one-year contract position covering a maternity leave.
- Prospecting – grow and develop OSPE prospect list through list mining, cold calling, networking, face-to-face meetings and other avenues
- Advertising sales – sell space in OSPE’s quarterly print magazine, online newsletters and OSPE website
- Sponsorship package sales – identify and engage with relevant sponsor prospects and develop/sell long-term sponsorship packages that provide value to OSPE and the sponsor
- Event sponsorship sales – identify and engage with relevant prospects, including past sponsors, to gain support for a wide range of OSPE events, including policy discussions, networking events, facility tours, student and youth events and more
- Sponsor support – work with OSPE staff to ensure that all sponsorship requirements are fulfilled and to identify opportunities for sponsor engagement
- Administrative support – work with CRM system to ensure ongoing activity tracking and with Finance team to ensure timely invoicing
- Relationship building – work closely with existing sponsor and advertiser base to nurture and grow these vital relationships
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in business or marketing (and/or relevant experience/education)
- 1 – 3 years sales experience, preferably in sponsorship and/or advertising
- Experience leveraging CRM software for effective prospect, lead and sales tracking
- Proven track record of meeting established sales targets
- Excellent telephone manner and cold calling capability
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to create and deliver effective client presentations
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to identify and challenges and draw upon appropriate tools and resources to deliver solutions
To learn more about OSPE, visit www.ospe.on.ca.
To be considered for this position, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter that outlines clearly how your qualifications and experience suit the requirements of this position, to the email noted. Applications will be accepted until February 8, 2013, in Word format only.
We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
OSPE supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.