ONTARIO SHORES CENTRE FOR MENTAL HEALTH SCIENCES

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Toxic work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 6, 2016
The team I worked with was fabulous. However don't feel the organization is managed well at the Senior management level. Programs are not well thought out. They start programs and dismantle them without giving them a chance. Every year they have staff layoffs but they continue to create more senior management levels. These actions have had serious repercussions for patients. Every year we fear losing our jobs. There is a real lack of transparency from Senior Management. They spend millions of dollars for reviews by KPMG which result in major cuts in services. It is a very toxic environment to work in. This is a time where we should be investing in the mental health of our communities but all we see is cuts in services at Ontario shores while they pad the senior management level.

Unfortunately, this organization is only interested in the window dressing (how they appear to the outside) and do not care about providing quality care.

Had to leave this organization because the work environment was too toxic. You never knew if you were going to get your pink slip.

I would never recommend this place to anyone at this time.
Pros
location on the lake
Cons
Lack of transparency and poor decisions made at the senior management level
professional and caring
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 14, 2016
An excellent place to work. A professional and caring environment for patients.

Clinical consolidation placement in a specialized unit.
Enjoyable Fun Active Workplace
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 31, 2015
Ontario Shores had some of the most influential amazing people i have ever met working their. As a high school student having a co-op placement for a term of 6 months i really had no idea what to expect when i started working for them. The people i got to work with set me up for success. I was a valued member of the team doing anything i could do to assist them in their work.

It was extremely rewarding working at Ontario Shores. I gained confidence communicating at the information desk, helping people with any troubles they were having. I always looked forward to coming to Ontario Shores to help people.

The people i got to work with were extremely kind, supportive and interesting. If i had any questions they were always willing to answer and guide me to success and challenged me to be better.

I am so thankful for the experience and will always cherish the knowledge i have gained.
Pros
Positive Enviornment
Cons
Don't Do It!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 27, 2014
Ontario Shores has become very unstable over the past few years and I wouldn't recommend it as an employer on any level, even if in desperation. Management decisions are unpredictable and unjustified, shock and survivor syndrome are a way of life for many employees there. There are other jobs out there. Anything would be better on your health and career than working here. Move along....

2.8