Ontario Science Centre Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great people to work with
Exhibit Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
The OSC takes care in showing and introducing their employees into the workplace when they are first hired. Any online training or workplace training is asked for right away but they also give you time to complete the training needed.
All round good work environment. co workers in all departments are help full and kind
Great place to show your love of science
Temporary Student Host (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 August 2017
the staff is very friendly and really supportive. You will have lots of fun if you are passionate about science and love interacting with people to gain and spread knowledge.
Fun place to work learned something new everyday
Student Host & Host (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
The science centre is a great place to work. Amazing management and lively friendly atmosphere. It is a great place not only to teach but to learn as well.
Fun and comfortable workplace
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
For high school students looking to get their minimum 40 hours of volunteer. You will get a total of 150 hours or so, unless things have changed.
However, they don't always count the hours individually. There was one or two days where an orientation was taking place and you had the option to skip that day of work. While many people did, I went to work for the days. However, my hours were still deducted in the end.
Volunteering to help out their summer camp program can get tiring towards the last couple of weeks as the children will drain out your energy. However, it is overall a great experience, you are able to learn how to manage multiple people, work as a team with your peer volunteers and make new friends.
The workplace culture was rather nice, friendly. Though at times you could feel left out in your team- it is not as professional as it could be.
Pros
Make new friends
Cons
children will drain your energy quickly
A Very Positive and Engaging Environment
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
The OSC takes great care in integrating their employees into the workplace when they are first hired. I found I was not only readily accepted, but encouraged to be myself and feel free to ask questions of anyone. Training is current and relevant to the job, and is always being updated so as not to fall behind in the industry.

I enjoy the culture that has been created at the OSC and hope that I can instill that in any other place I work in the future.
Pros
Great work hours and management
Cons
Visiting children can be a handful on occasion
Amazing Work Atmosphere
Host (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Great atmosphere, with amazing co-workers. Hours were flexible and perfect for a student, or for someone that may have a family. Work gives peace of mind, no need to take any work home, and everyday was exciting.
Pros
amzing co-workers
Fun environment
Summer Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I worked at the Ontario Science Center for a month immediately after highschool in the Membership department. The position was unpaid as it was a highschool co-op position but it did teach me a lot about office behavior and professionalism.

My job was to collect contest entries and enter the customer information into a database for a monthly draw. I also stuffed a lot of envelopes.
Pros
Free Science Center Admission
Cons
Dull work
Fun workplace with kids
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
I had a blast working at the Ontario Science Centre. I learned new things and built great relationships with my co-workers. I also learned new skills and this job made me more confident in my working future.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Diffidult tasks
Educational and fun workplace
Exhibit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2016
The Ontario Science Centre is a great company and institution. Working there was an amazing experience. The staff was friendly and inviting. And getting to watch free OMNIMAX movies was great. I greatly enjoyed showing others the wonders of science and technology. However, I found that the building was very large, so at times it could prove to be quite difficult to traverse to a different exhibit. I feel like their management is done quite well, everyday's schedule is well organised. Unfortunately, the job I had was only for a predetermined fixed amount of time. Maybe one day I'll return as a full-time worker.
Co-op
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2016
I did a High school Co-Op, not paid, really fun, great co workers. Best part of the job was going around the center meeting new people and scientists, going down to the shipping area and picking and sending out new posters. It was good experience for a 9-5 office job, I personally like out and about which is why i chose Film Production.
Great Job
Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2015
It's great working there with everyone. Tons of fun, you learn something new everyday. Great people to work with. You never get to meet everyone.
Overall a great place to do volunteer work to get your hours
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto29 June 2015
Attend early at 8am to prepare for the children to come to the summer camp then end at 4pm. Teach and help campers with activities. Visit exhibits at times while keeping watch of them and making sure they don't wander or run into other exhibits.Sometimes worked in the office to take calls and perform other duties. Learned to be patient with children, customer service, memorization of the facility and much more. Management was quite organized, efficient and understanding. Co-workers were all fine people to work with, fun people and reliable. Hardest part of the job was to keep the children under control. Most enjoyable part of the job was to see the fascination that children have towards science and to see the amount of fun they have as they smile at you.
Pros
Received a pass for 5 free general admissions, a letter to allow free entry until the end of the summer and 10% off at Master Mind Toy Store
Cons
Work at least 3 weeks straight, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, location distance was far
Engaging environment.
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2013
Everyday I would put on my lab coat and walk onto the Kidspark floor ready to interact with each and every person there. I learned that learning is not only for the young, it is a lifeling experience that can be enjoyed at any age. My favourite part of the job was creating new and interesting ways to engage in the environment that was around me. For example there was an area that was not being utilized by the children so I ook it upon myself to stay in that area and show the children (and caregivers) different ways to blow bubb;es with your hands. Together we discovered that you could make massive bubbles that ended up going all the way to the ground from my hands.
Productive and fun work place
Program Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2013
All sorts of office work. Communicating with management team and make report before and after any event.

I have learned how to work in professional way in a big organization.

My management and co-workers are helpful.
I have taken all job very professional way and my management always kept assist me when needed.

Team work was excellent; so every moment was enjoyable during my work period in Ontario science Centre.