ONTARIO POWER GENERATION

ONTARIO POWER GENERATION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You have a right to go home with all your body parts attached.
Summer Student (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: You never feel unsafe
Cons: Not applicable
OPG is more than safety conscious, they are safety OBSESSED. This is not a bad thing. I've worked for OPG on three separate summers, both in a technical role and an administrative role and I can tell you that they take your safety seriously. They give back to the community and generally are a great organization to work for. 10/10 would go back in a heartbeat.
Very out going personality
Administrative Assistant in Maintenance Department (Current Employee), Bowmanville, OntarioApril 7, 2015
Pros: I worked throught my lunch and when I need time off, its never a problem
I do admin support two managers from booking meeting to organizing calendars and taking minutes and actions. Answering calls helping where needed.
very high job culture
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee), pickeringApril 2, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: na
providing engineering support to the plant personnel
applying code requirements to daily activities
follow management directions
share own knowledge and experience with co-workers
daily "fire fighting"
successful project completion
Productive and goal orientated
First Line Managers Assistant (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 17, 2015
This company is really safety oriented especialy with it's radiation program. The training programs are next to none. Advancement within the company is second to none
great company
Assistant Approvals Officer (Current Employee), toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: long commute
a typical work day is very busy, extremely high level, challenging and goes by quickly. I have learned a lot regarding Board materials, government liason, executive management relations, working in a fast paced environment, dealing with confidential documents, report writing, presentation skills and working as a team. The hardest part of my job is the long hours and the most enjoyable part is the success at the end of the day after accomplishing all of my tasks.
Relaxed office setting
Environmental Department Intern (Former Employee), Pickering, OntarioDecember 30, 2014
Very relaxed work environment. Typical work hours, 8-9am to 4-5pm. I got really good experience in an office environment and in the energy field. At times I felt I did not have enough to do while my coworkers were under pressure. The downsizing of the company makes it feel as if though everyone's job is always on the line.
Great engineering and project management team with helpful upper management
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
Very knowledge and strong engineering talent is found at this company. Upper engagement is helpful in ensuring each team player fulfills personal growth goals and resources are provided to ensure professional growth. The company is understanding and knowledgeable of religious events observed by various employees. Always felt at home and would highly recommended to others.
A great place to gain real work experience
University Student (Former Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 5, 2014
In Ontario power generation, I worked in the quality assurance department. My main job was performing quality assurance and troubleshooting to the PDP 11 computer, which is the nuclear reactors control system. Then write up the test results. Also, I designed the test procedure and developed test plans for future use in our department.
A great place to grow your career
Production Manager / Chief Power Engineer (Former Employee), Courtright, ONNovember 2, 2014
You are respected and your workload will be shared by others
I enjoyed my career with OPG
Electrician (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 1, 2014
I started as an apprentice in 1968 and never left. I had the opportunity to learn many skills above and beyond my trade of Electrician.
Great Comapny
Summer Student Nuclear Operator (Former Employee), OntarioSeptember 22, 2014
OPG is a great company.
I would highly recommend the company as one of the best environments to work in.
Project Planner / Scheduler Black & McDonald (Current Employee), PickeringSeptember 19, 2014
I really enjoy working for OPG...management is doing really good and producing half of the electricity for Ontario.
Relaxed but busy place to work
Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Pickering and BowmanvilleSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: full time monday to friday
Cons: not permanent
OPG was an interesting place to work as there was always something new to do.
Great compensation, low stress
Database Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 27, 2014
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: low turnover rate results in fewer opportunities
I enjoyed the challenge of optimizing their systems. They were largely neglected because most of their IT staff were engineers who did not receive adequate IT training.

Would not have achieved the spectacular results anywhere else.
Great place
Project Control Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2014
Good training program, Great management, up-to-date systems
Is an excellent place to work and learn
Nuclear Safety Integration Engineering Intern (Current Employee), DarlingtonApril 6, 2014
Pros: incredible knowledge
Cons: the distance
In a typical day at OPG, first thing in the morning I check my e-mail to see the new instructions. After that, I start working based on the tasks assigned to me.
I have a very nice and cooperative co-workers.
Very good job!
Mechanical Maintainer (Current Employee), Courtright, ONFebruary 28, 2014
I enjoy every day. It is a pleasure to go to work. I have learned a lot and work with some of the smartest people I have met.
Excellent
Developmental Engineering Student (Former Employee), Pickering, OntarioFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: professional environment
Cons: maximum of two temporary work terms
I learned a lot about the Nuclear Industry. My co-workers always took the time to teach me as much as they could.
Employees are top notch. Ugly management culture.
Manager (Former Employee), PickeringJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits and highly educated workforce.
Cons: some management styles.
Most employees give their all, they are blessed to have a good career and most know it. The management culture is somewhat negative, the management ranks are shrinking for some, they eat their young at times and to fire someone becomes a badge of honor to advance to VP or Director level.
The Company has a strong commitment to the wellness of its employees
Thermal Station Engineer/Officer (Current Employee), Courtright, OntarioDecember 4, 2013
Ontario Power Generation provides its employees with all the necessary resources to excel at their respective roles. The Company prides itself on the safety of the employees and has a strong commitment to the wellness of the employees. The staff is highly educated in their respective fields and are dedicated to achieving all targets.

1 2 3