Ontario Power Generation Employee Review

View all Ontario Power Generation reviews

Excellent
Developmental Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Pickering, Ontario7 February 2014
I learned a lot about the Nuclear Industry. My co-workers always took the time to teach me as much as they could.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
Maximum of two temporary work terms

Other Ontario Power Generation Employee Reviews

Progressive Company
Shift Advisor Technical Support - Operations (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON19 November 2017
I was able to work in many different fields ranging from Technical, Instruction, Programming and Operations.
I spent the last 17 years at Darlington Nuclear Power Station in Operations, on shift.
Learnt to multitask and prioritize items.
Shift work requires one to work all hours and be as alert and safe as one can be.
Technical, dynamic and important job.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Large Organization with the associated bureaucracy
Great pay, not a place for eager individuals
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 November 2017
OPG is a great place to work if you want to make a lot of money and learn a lot about power generation. If you're an eager, success-driven kind of person, OPG may not be for you. The OPG team functions very slowly, and when you work too fast, you're told to slow down to keep pace with the team, even if your work quality exceeds expectations. This is true regardless of what area of the company you work with.

Working with OPG can be the best job in the world if you're able to easily find fulfilment outside the workplace.
Pros
High salary, safe, low-stress, relatively easy
Cons
painstakingly slow pace