Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: 104-970 Lawrence Ave. West, Toronto, Ontario
Posting Date: August 29th, 2014
Closing Date: September 8th, 2014
As of June 1st, 2012, Ontario established a Registry to better recognize PSWs and individuals providing personal support services for their role in health care and for the care they provide to Ontarians every day. Personal Support Workers (PSWs) are unregulated health care workers who provide support to people who need assistance with daily activities due to injury, illness or aging.
The Ontario Community Support Association (OCSA) has been leading the development, implementation and operation of the Ontario Personal Support Worker Registry (“Registry”) since its inception. The OCSA is currently seeking a Customer Services Representative to support initiatives that are working towards enabling sustainable growth for the Registry, and towards promoting the Registry’s usefulness and effectiveness to its various stakeholders.
The Customer Services Representative role reports to the Operations Manager. As part of the customer services team, the role is responsible for providing front line support to Personal Support Workers (“PSWs”) that are applying to or already registered with the Registry, as well as answering inquiries from employers, educational programs and other stakeholders.
- Develop positive and productive relationships with co-workers
- Receive, process, and verify the accuracy of PSW Registry applications utilizing the organization’s internal customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Provide ongoing support to PSW’s regarding their profile accounts including the application process itself and assisting with inquires
- Provide customer support to defined service levels including documenting and reporting upon support requests
- Resolve customer service requests or efficiently and accurately triage the request internally or externally when required
- Identify areas of customer support that could benefit from ongoing improvements
- Provide support to Registry projects in areas such as knowledge sharing, change management activities, identifying strategies for alignment of project implementations with customer support processes, assistance with user acceptance testing, and the development and implementation of new communications tools
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within the customer service field with a familiarity of customer service processes and procedures
- Skilled in quickly recognizing customer and stakeholder needs and concerns, and in identifying the appropriate path to address their requests (e.g. provide accurate guidance, triage internally or externally when required)
- Ability to develop positive and productive relationships with co-workers
- Strong ability to work within a young growing environment with willingness to participate in the development and implementation of new processes, procedures, and methodologies where required
- Willingness to learn from mentoring and training opportunities towards building skills and ongoing career development
- Able to self-manage and prioritize work across multiple streams of activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inter-act effectively with Registry customers, stakeholders, and internal staff
- The ability to address, diffuse or resolve customer and stakeholder conflicts and issues using excellent active listening skills and problem resolution skills
- Experience using operations and customer support tools and processes to manage the tracking and logging of customer and stakeholder requests through to resolution or triage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Outlook)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics and Sharepoint in the provision of customer support
- Knowledge of the purpose, processes and current offerings within the PSW Registry
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit health care sector and the role of Personal Support Workers
This is a full-time contract position, located in Toronto. Candidates with an interest in this position are asked to submit a resume and cover letter no later than Friday, September 8th, 2014. Please apply by clicking on "Apply Now" above to upload your resume and cover letter in either Word or PDF format to the Attention of: Ontario PSW Registry, Maryam Katozian
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
The successful applicant will be required to submit a current criminal background check (CPIC).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties as assigned may be required to meet the needs of the Registry.