Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports to: Program Director
Location: 104-970 Lawrence Ave. West, Toronto, Ontario
Posting Date: June 11, 2014
Closing Date: June 25, 2014
As of June 1st, 2012, Ontario established a Registry to better recognize PSWs and individuals providing personal support services for their role in health care and for the care they provide to Ontarians every day. Personal Support Workers (PSWs) are unregulated health care workers who provide support to people who need assistance with daily activities due to injury, illness or aging.
The Ontario Community Support Association (OCSA) has been leading the development, implementation and operation of the Ontario Personal Support Worker Registry (“Registry”) since its inception. The OCSA is currently seeking a experienced Business Analyst to support initiatives that are working towards enabling sustainable growth for the Registry, and towards promoting the Registry’s usefulness and effectiveness to its various stakeholders.
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing deliverables on-time to support the initiatives of the Registry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Definition of required business flows and functional requirements
- Management of requirements through to successful testing
- Planning and execution for user acceptance testing including preparation of test cases
- Development of materials to transition Initiatives to ongoing operations
- Participation in training activities
- Participation throughout all phases of the project life cycle and software development lifecycles for initiatives including, and not limited to, organizing and conducting work sessions where required and involvement in the preparation and management of documentation as assigned
- Participation in the development and implementation of Information Management/Information Technology policies
- Analyze and prepare recommendations for tools required by the Registry (e.g. mailing and reporting tools)
- Minimum 5 years experience performing business analyst tasks assigned concurrently across multiple technology projects
- Experience eliciting, documenting and tracking functional and non-functional business requirements through to successful completion of testing for each requirement
- Proficiency in analyzing business processes and preparing current and future state visual business workflow diagrams with supporting text
- Well-developed expertise in preparing testing and quality assurance plans
- Proficiency in developing test cases for all variations of scenarios required for user acceptance testing, and in participating as a tester in the testing process
- Expert at preparing and delivering professional presentations
- A resourceful, independent self-starter with the ability to manage deliverables across multiple projects
- Ability to organize and conduct work sessions, including the preparation of materials required for the work sessions
- Experience analyzing change recommendations to identify potential impact and alternative options
- Experience working with external IT vendors to complete deliverables
- Must be able to work with database extracts to analyze data quality with analytics to illustrate the results of the analysis at detailed and summary levels
- Experience with the preparation and implementation of standard operating procedures to support customer service teams
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaboratively complete deliverables within a team-based workplace, with the capability to self-prioritize to successfully deliver on-time delivery for aggressive deadlines
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in a Business Analyst role in a project based environment
- Business Analyst Certification or equivalent experience
- Proven track records of completing project-related deliverables on-time (e.g. process flows, business requirements documents, high level designs for stakeholder approval using best practice methods and tools)
This is a contract position to March 2016 (includes benefits), located in North York.
Candidates with an interest in this position are asked to submit a resume and cover letter in a single file no later than Wednesday, June 25th at 5:00PM. To apply for this position please click "Apply Now" to upload your resume and cover letter in either Word or PDF format.
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
The successful applicant will be required to submit a current criminal background check (CPIC).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other related duties as assigned may be required to meet the needs of the Registry.