Assist the potato specialist with summer research and demonstration projects Projects will focus on production practices, weed control, pest management, variety trials and others. Field work might include field scouting, identification and monitoring of insects, weeds and potato diseases. Office work might include data collection, assisting with the production of technical information such as brochures, scanning images, etc.
This is a summer job starting on May 1st and finishing on August 30th.
What we are looking for: Please review the qualifications for this position:
- Secondary or post secondary student
- You apply your observational skills and attention to detail to conduct research, field monitoring and data entry.
- You are familiar with computer based software applications including MS Word to perform data entry, prepare reports, track and compile information.
- You can work in an outdoor environment with some light physical activity involved, including light lifting.
- You work independently or as part of a team; you plan, organize and prioritize your work to meet competing deadlines.
- You must have a vehicle and a minimum Ontario G2 Driver's Licence
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard