Ontario March of Dimes Employee Reviews in Canada

Let go with no reason given.
Outreach Support Worker (Former Employee) –  ONOctober 14, 2015
Right before I was about to finish my probation I was let go with no proper reason given. I pleaded with my supervisors to let me know if I made a mistake or if there was something I did wrong. They said I was a great worker but "I just needed more training" and they couldn't afford it. My consumers never complained about me
Pros
The Clients
Cons
Not enough training. To little time to drive between consumers houses.
Not a nice place to work.... move on to something better!!!
psw (Former Employee) –  burlington ontarioJune 3, 2013
Horrible management. Do not care about employees at all. Pay is terrible and they work you like a dog. Not following labour board standards at all. They have had many fines for working people beyond the hours they should. I recommend you look at another place to work as they will get rid of you on a dime even if you are a exceptional worker. They lay off full time so they dont have to pay benefits to them. They undermind the work that you do and the management is sneaky and they lie to get what they want.
Pros
no pros
Cons
poor workplace and horrible work ethics shown by management
This was a contract position for 5 weeks. I really enjoyed working there. The people were fantastic, in contact several times
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 3, 2012
I was responsible for entering the “CTS”- Case Tracking System Activity Logs - the caregiver times for payroll, using “Navision 5”, which was a new system for me, although it was much like Excel.
March of Dimes mandate is to serve the broader needs of all adults with physical disabilities. They have several homes in the Hamilton area (as well as other cities) for adults with disabilities. Their goal is to give people with disabilities independence, self-empowerment, and community involvement. Management gave excellent training and co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part was remembering the code numbers and the names of the supervisors for each home. The most enjoyable part was making a contribution, not only entering the "CTS"s but helping office staff and communicating with the out reach staff.
Working with challenged client is not fun but satisfaction driven.
Support Services Worker / Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioOctober 25, 2012
A typical day includes:
Assists clients in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living.
Helps to enhance the quality of life for adults with physical disabilities through recreation, leisure activities, social integration and personal support services.
Assists with mobility and personal care needs of the client, as required.
Plans and facilitates activities appropriate to the needs of adults with disabilities such as community outings and physical exercise programs.
Documents the progress the client as related to individual service plan goals.
Demonstrates efficiency, professionalism, problem solving and decision making skills in all one-on-one client management and support activities.
The hardest part of the job is the long commuting to some training and meetings.
The most enjoyable part is to provide service to the client who need it most
Pros
lunches provide sometimes during training and meetings.
Cons
long commuting to some meting and training.
very hard lots of driving
Assist in training other staff members (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 13, 2014
working for the company of march of dime, it had started out i was helping a friend with ms. and ask her if I could learn in case with weather or power goes out or she was having a back bad. on how to use her lifts to get her back into bed she was good about allowing me to learn and one of her workers show me. so when march of dime got wind of it they had hired me and sent me to school twice to better myself. working with disable clients was a great you work alone on your job here you do help train other staff members working for this company i have learned a lot and being able to go on to try other fields is great
Pros
we are always doing un service to keep up on everything new
Cons
you work alone so you use your head alot to find easier ways to help each other
Staff will make you feel at home
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 9, 2013
Created several opportunities for clients with physical disabilities. Opportunities consist of social services i.e. food bank delivery benefits, employment, government grants that client's may not be aware that they are suitable for.
Rewarding
Community Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 6, 2014
The consumers make the job. You're not supposed to become attached but after working so closely for so long, its hard to not develop relationships. Its a great environment and fun place to learn and grow.
Great people and work environment
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 19, 2013
Being a part of the MOD was a great experience. The devotion, understanding and kindess with the organization is amazing.
Great place to work :)
Pros
helpful, thoughtful and devoted to their work
Cons
wish my contract was longer
productive independent
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2013
balancing courses and hours was at times stressful but so worth it
learned alot from the experience
not paid enough for the dedication of time and specific personal care
enjoy working with people
PSW (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have improved their quality of life
Pros
paid mileage
Nice people, great organization
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2013
Working for a great organization with dedicated employees.